News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Wooly Bear

Started by jjjimi84, March 19, 2021, 01:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is another VFE Friday and here is an odd one, the wooly bear. This is Peter Rutters take on the Foxx Tone Machine and is sounds as insane as the original. The blend control is really neat and is fun to bring back some of your signal and layer the octave with it. Instead of just an on/off switch for the octave it has the drive control which sets the level of the octave for even more tone shaping. Here is another Koopaling, Larry Koopa and a very fun painting.

Thewintersoldier

Hell yes, your talking my language now...octave fuzz! Looks great Dan.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

That looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Another fab build and paint job! Great stuff again, I have to check that Vfe project out me thinks...
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

I'm not a big fuzz guy, but my fav is the foxx tone.  Is the VFE version crazy awesome (like most of the VFEs are  ::)) compared to the original?

jjjimi84

Thank you all for the kind words!

Quote from: Bio77 on March 20, 2021, 12:06:41 AM
I'm not a big fuzz guy, but my fav is the foxx tone.  Is the VFE version crazy awesome (like most of the VFEs are  ::)) compared to the original?

I am new to the foxx tone machine but it quickly became my favorite last year when I built a stock clone. Like most vfe pedals this will do the stock sound but soo much more.  The clean blend is key for dialing in what ever kind of sound you want, I also found putting a low gain drive like the blues ling after it for some eq options made for some cool sounds. I will shoot a demo for this one also but I already have quite the queue in front of it.