News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phase 90

Started by Hexjibber, March 21, 2021, 01:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

Phase 90 on Fuzzdog board. Wanted to build one of these for ages and despite having made a couple of other more complex phasers (Lovetone Doppelgänger, Small Stone) I've found myself wanting something simpler. It's such a classic phaser sound and nice and minimal so just what I was after and takes up less space on my board!

Decided to give Tayda's UV enclosure printing service a go and I am really impressed with the results I have to say! For the price and how quickly they turn it around plus no minimum order it's really pretty amazing! The artwork required a bit more effort when compared to etching but it was totally worth it IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rockola

Looks pretty Spaceman Spiffy.

harryklippton

Hexjibber

Cheers! [emoji41]

jimilee

The one that started it all for me. This is really a fantastic phaser, moddable too. My first phaser, and the first board I ever etched. The UV printing looks great. I need to give that a go, I think.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Mich P

diablochris6

Great build! That enclosure looks great too! I might have to give Tayda a shot soon.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

Thewintersoldier

The enclosure us fantastic as is your wiring. What jfets did you go with? I had a lot of 5952s that I was able to get a quad and pair from that I am doing a couple builds with right now.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Hexjibber

Quote from: jimilee on March 21, 2021, 06:50:21 AM
The one that started it all for me. This is really a fantastic phaser, moddable too. My first phaser, and the first board I ever etched. The UV printing looks great. I need to give that a go, I think.

Not sure why it's taken me so long to build one tbh, it's exactly what I was after. The Doppelganger is awesome but just realised I don't really need all those bells and whistles, particularly for live stuff so in comparison the P90 is spot on!

Hexjibber

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on March 21, 2021, 11:57:54 AM
The enclosure us fantastic as is your wiring. What jfets did you go with? I had a lot of 5952s that I was able to get a quad and pair from that I am doing a couple builds with right now.

Thanks! :D The kit came with 2N5457s

Hexjibber

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 21, 2021, 06:55:47 AM
That is glorious!

Quote from: Mich P on March 21, 2021, 07:22:02 AM
Super Clean bravo.

Quote from: diablochris6 on March 21, 2021, 11:14:24 AM
Great build! That enclosure looks great too! I might have to give Tayda a shot soon.

Thanks guys!

destro

That looks fantastic. I need to stop being lazy and get on the tayda uv printing train. I already take the time to do graphics in photoshop and would love not to have to go through the clear-coating hassle.

Bio77

That looks really great, inside and out! 

I just ordered a couple of Tayda UV prints to test out.  Did you use any of the gloss or emboss options?

m-Kresol

wow. at first I thought this was an etched enclosure. Kind of glad it isn't because that would have been too good to be true. anyways, superb build and incredibly clean
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials