News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB.com Blue Shoe Gai Pan

Started by jjjimi84, March 24, 2021, 12:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is my Blue Shoe Gai Pan AKA the JHS Paul Gilbert Signature pedal AKA a booster into a supro emulation pedal. It is a pretty good sounding little thing and has a lot of features packed into, I actually sold this pedal off to fund the Tweed Amp Build and filmed this right before it went out the door. I airbrushed on the sparkle blue color and then hand painted the rest, this is one of the last enclosures I airbrush the sides of because there ended up being a big thumbprint on the the bottom side of it.

This video was super fun to make, I knew I wanted to cover a RATM song at some point and thought this one worked well. I found the midi for the drums and used ezdrummer to dial in the drum sound and then used my P bass DIY monster for the bass tones and got all of the sounds fairly quickly. I used a Multiplex jr for the little delay part and in editing I realized how blatantly I am reading the tab from the monitor because I kept forgetting stuff. I have been watching a ton of youtube videos on using Resolve and this was my first foray into trying to really up my editing game. Still a long way to go but I think it turned out great and I hope you guys like it.

[youtube width=640]aqB5LCNFR3Q[/youtube]

jimilee

Nice, I love the art work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Super demo again and certainly came across that you had good fun doing it! Great looking and sounding pedal, seems indeed super versatile. I might have to put it on my to do list as well...
BigNoise Amplification

harryklippton

Wow this one sounds really cool! I definitely overlooked it. Love the airbrush blue

ahiddentableau

Awesome build. Love your little paintings, Jimi. Always puts a grin on my face.

mjg

jjjimi84

Thank you all for the kind words. It is a great pedal, cooder I would love to see what kind of layout you would do with it.

The airbrush blue has been a long work in progress and I still don't think i have it right. It was one of the easiest painting and turned out great. The guy that has it now seems to really love it.