News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB Tweed Man and Covert

Started by harryklippton, March 27, 2021, 12:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

Here's a two for one- pedalpcb tweed man and covert builds. I finished these about 2 weeks ago and was waiting on knobs. I did the tweaks to the covert that Dan mentioned over on the pedalpcb forum and it made the pedal way more usable. There was a time where it seemed like I wanted every pedal catalinbread made, and it's been fun building some of their circuits. That tweed man/formula 5f6 circuit makes cleans really sparkle.

Thewintersoldier

These turned out great, the 5f6 pedal sounds awesome going into a tweed amp. Graphics look good, real professional looking. Is that the no film decal?
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Doesn't get any cleaner than that.  Very nicely done inside and out.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Those look fantastic. I love me some fender tweed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

Thanks everybody. Yup, no film on tayda boxes. The bare enclosure turned out to be more work than I expected getting it cleaned up and then I'd leave black fingerprints all over the cream box too

jjjimi84

Super clean and look great, the tweed man is a fun overdrive. The covert is such a cool amp in a box pedal and it is weird to compare the mkI to the mkIII, completely different animals.If you get a chance I highly recommend giving the MKI a shot.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: harryklippton on March 27, 2021, 04:46:03 PM
Thanks everybody. Yup, no film on tayda boxes. The bare enclosure turned out to be more work than I expected getting it cleaned up and then I'd leave black fingerprints all over the cream box too
I have some unpainted enclosures left over or once in a while powder coating is brittle and chips when drilling and i have to sand the enclosure. I much prefer a powder coated box because sanding is a pain. I get it all the big stuff out with an orbital sander then hand sand thru 2000 grit. But the results are worth it.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Those look sharp!   Is that no-film on the enclosures?

harryklippton

Quote from: Bio77 on March 28, 2021, 12:14:03 AM
Those look sharp!   Is that no-film on the enclosures?

Yup I'm sold on the no film!