Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Mobius Strip

Started by Bio77, March 29, 2021, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2021, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: Bio77 on March 30, 2021, 09:58:32 AM
Yep, all of the VFEs were designed for 1590Bs with a battery!  125B with side mounted jacks would be easier.  I've put a few in 125Bs with top mount jacks, but that takes some planing and doesn't work with all the layouts.

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 30, 2021, 06:53:15 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2021, 06:16:58 AM
They for rather nicely in a 1590b enclosure. I've used one for all of mine so far. If you follow the the drill template, you won't have any issues. On smaller layouts, I've gotten into the habit of laying my electros on their side or using smaller ones.

Did you do a springboard or yodeler in a 1590b?
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Yodeler.
That does look pretty badass. I wonder what osh park would charge to have some made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is also a "Yodeler Switch" version where the internal switch is external and one of the other controls is combined on a dual gang pot. I almost did an oskpark on that one but went with the regular version first since fairchild had those made

I'm building a Mobius Strip right now and I had to put it on pause for a bit because it was so tight.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Aentons on March 30, 2021, 03:41:44 PM
Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2021, 10:07:07 AM
Quote from: Bio77 on March 30, 2021, 09:58:32 AM
Yep, all of the VFEs were designed for 1590Bs with a battery!  125B with side mounted jacks would be easier.  I've put a few in 125Bs with top mount jacks, but that takes some planing and doesn't work with all the layouts.

Quote from: jjjimi84 on March 30, 2021, 06:53:15 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2021, 06:16:58 AM
They for rather nicely in a 1590b enclosure. I've used one for all of mine so far. If you follow the the drill template, you won't have any issues. On smaller layouts, I've gotten into the habit of laying my electros on their side or using smaller ones.

Did you do a springboard or yodeler in a 1590b?
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Yodeler.
That does look pretty badass. I wonder what osh park would charge to have some made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is also a "Yodeler Switch" version where the internal switch is external and one of the other controls is combined on a dual gang pot. I almost did an oskpark on that one but went with the regular version first since fairchild had those made

I'm building a Mobius Strip right now and I had to put it on pause for a bit because it was so tight.

I built the sps system yodeler which has the external switch and the dwell is a dual pot. There are no trimmers on the inside like the standard version and it is really quiet and sounds great.

Maybe if we all ask Brian really nicely he could come up with something amazing.

benny_profane

I wonder if any of the SPS stuff will make it here or available as a DIY package (those were offered during the Kickstarter, I think?), particularly because Peter is going to license out the circuits / designs this year.

gordo

Man, that no film decal comes out sharp as a razor.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

harryklippton

I accidentally bought a buttload of those micro knobs thinking they were a bit bigger. At least now I know if I ever get around to the vfe stuff, they'll fit on there

culturejam

This is looks great!

Quote from: Bio77 on March 29, 2021, 01:01:35 PM
Enclosure is no-film on a Tayda powder coat.

What is "no-film"?? I'm not familiar with this and Googling has returned garbage results.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Bio77

Quote from: culturejam on March 31, 2021, 08:03:56 AM
This is looks great!

Quote from: Bio77 on March 29, 2021, 01:01:35 PM
Enclosure is no-film on a Tayda powder coat.

What is "no-film"?? I'm not familiar with this and Googling has returned garbage results.
Here's a great demo:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32281.0

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects