News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phaser phriday EQD grand orbiter

Started by Thewintersoldier, April 02, 2021, 06:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

This phaser phriday I have the EQD grand orbiter, which they say is a sort of mashup of the ross ota and did ota phasers of old. Never played an original of either before but this one is cool. Lots a range in speed and even a parked fixed way type setting. I like the vibrato.on this one as well, it's an actual sine wave so it does that perfect wiggle. Tone is nice and smooth like other ota phasers. Glad I finally put this one together, now I see why people like it so much.
  Grandmaster for the artwork because he is such a cool and over the top character. Glad he is gonna be in the new thor movie. No film on sanded enclosure. I love this look, always looks really classy. First time using a rullywow 3pdt board with a pedal pcb board but I like having the led next to the foot switch. Gonna start doing this more with their boards. Just gotta put a couple jumpers in and run the switch pad into the 9v pad and now I can power the led on the breakout board. Hope you guys have a good weekend!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

jimilee

I have never heard of this phaser! Why has no one informed me of such??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jimilee on April 02, 2021, 08:42:09 AM

Damn, a phaser I have that Jimi doesn't...say what?! It's cool and worth checking out, I mean if your into phasers and what not lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 02, 2021, 10:09:09 AM
Quote from: jimilee on April 02, 2021, 08:42:09 AM

Damn, a phaser I have that Jimi doesn't...say what?! It's cool and worth checking out, I mean if your into phasers and what not lol

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Man, that looks awesome! The bare metal looks so pro. What grit is the final pass on this?

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on April 02, 2021, 11:16:01 AM
Man, that looks awesome! The bare metal looks so pro. What grit is the final pass on this?
Thanks John. I do my level sanding on the orbital with 100 grit. Hand sanding then starts with 150, 320, 500, 1000, 1500 and then 2000. The hole right below the 9v polarity at the top is from a hole punch. The powder coating was supper brittle and chipped like crazy. I stripped the box and sanded it. Unless the starches are really deep they usually come out looking like this. Hand is sore after but the results are worth it
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on April 02, 2021, 11:21:47 AM
Quote from: Bio77 on April 02, 2021, 11:16:01 AM
Thanks John. I do my level sanding on the orbital with 100 grit. Hand sanding then starts with 150, 320, 500, 1000, 1500 and then 2000. The hole right below the 9v polarity at the top is from a hole punch. The powder coating was supper brittle and chipped like crazy. I stripped the box and sanded it. Unless the starches are really deep they usually come out looking like this. Hand is sore after but the results are worth it
The hand soreness is why I asked!  I was hoping you were getting this with a little less steps.  I use about the same regime. 

jjjimi84

Killer work! I love the way this looks!