News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

diy rack mount effect

Started by 9Lives, December 09, 2011, 05:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9Lives

Hi, I've been sitting in my big truck for 5 hrs and started daydreamin and came across the rack mount R2DU of beavis'. I can't find much more info on building rack mount effects. I would love to build some type of ultimite range distortion rack to go in the effects loop. Anyone got any leads or info I could start with?

jkokura

A rack mount enclosure is just like any pedal enclosure - a box to house an effect. You could do that! What kind of ideas are you looking for?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

oldhousescott

ParMetal and Mid-Atlantic Products both make affordable rack chassis, when you get to that point.

9Lives

well.. I'm obsessed with compressors and distortion/overdrive together.. I mean I can't get enough of it lol. Even if I don't wanna play I just wanna hear the sound. The first builds I did was the byoc kits until I found madbean. Then I built the cupcake and mudbunny, slow loris and a couple other rats. I now realize that the rat just pisses me off lol. It's ALMOST there but there's just some audio issue I can't beat. W/o a comp infront of it, it crackles when I hit a low note. The muff I built was pretty cool but not my style.. So I'm about to finish my ocd w LM4562 metal can, w tantalums and film caps. My parts just havnt fricken made it in the mail yet... I'm thinkin that I will dig this one. It's like a fixed rat? I use mosfet clippers in rats. But I think it'd be cool that when I find THAT distortion pedal of my dreams to build a rack that's super versitile with a compressor with true attack options.. I dunno, just day dreamin.