News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fatpants not playing nice with delay

Started by ckim715, December 28, 2011, 08:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

So i have this PT2399 Biyang delay. Not bad, serves its purpose. However, when I'm playing with just the fatpants and delay, the delay repeats get drastically shorter. When the fatpants is off, or when I hit my Serendipity on, the delay repeats go back to normal. Any idea what this could be? Impedence, maybe? Phase inversion? I dunno, I'm just talking out of my butt. I have no idea what the hell is wrong with it  ???
-Charlie

mgwhit

My first guesses would be impedance or maybe power supply issues, but the fact that activating the Serendipity clears up the problem really pushes me back to the former.  I'll be the first to admit that output impedance is one of those things I have a crazy time wrapping my head around.  Maybe triple check your component values, like R4.

Does adjusting the Fat Pants affect the delay repeats at all, or is it just On = shorter?

Assuming your chain is Fat Pants -> Serendipity -> Biyang Delay, can you detect any difference in the Serendipity with the Fat Pants on and off?

ckim715

Quote from: mgwhit on December 29, 2011, 03:29:07 PM
My first guesses would be impedance or maybe power supply issues, but the fact that activating the Serendipity clears up the problem really pushes me back to the former.  I'll be the first to admit that output impedance is one of those things I have a crazy time wrapping my head around.  Maybe triple check your component values, like R4.

Does adjusting the Fat Pants affect the delay repeats at all, or is it just On = shorter?

Assuming your chain is Fat Pants -> Serendipity -> Biyang Delay, can you detect any difference in the Serendipity with the Fat Pants on and off?
Component values are good. There is no difference in the Serendipity other than a boosted signal with the Fat Pants on. Adjusting the Fat Pants has no effect on the repeats, just on=shorter.
-Charlie

ckim715

So I put an RC2 between the fatpants and the delay. I figured since the RC2 is buffered, it would affect the way that the delay reacts. Same thing. The delay repeats are noticeably shorter when I have the Fatpants on. Could it possibly be the delay? Am I overloading the front end of the delay?
-Charlie