News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Fuzz Duo

Started by jjjimi84, April 09, 2021, 04:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is the last of my Koopa style builds, this is Bowser Jr in a Fuzz Duo. This has a couple of ac127s and 2n1308s in it and has a wild range of tones in it. I highly recommend building it and using sockets because not every transistor combo sounded that great together.

Thewintersoldier

I gotta look this one up, I've seen brian's board but  never heard one and I love fuzz. Great build again
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

I will always want every fuzz ever. Looks great

jimilee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

That's cool that you went with all Ge, if I am seeing that right! Or is the one that says 2n1803 one of those old Si that's in a TO-5 package?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Bret608 on April 09, 2021, 08:11:40 PM
That's cool that you went with all Ge, if I am seeing that right! Or is the one that says 2n1803 one of those old Si that's in a TO-5 package?

I swapped out so many different transistors that could be the case, let me check.

Edit: 2n1711 is the transistor the 1308 carries across.

Aentons

Cool, I'm envious of your vfe correct board. :)

diablochris6

VFEFriday is something I look forward to on Instagram. Peter Rutter is going to have to design new effects for you so you can continue the tradition!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jjjimi84

Quote from: Aentons on April 09, 2021, 11:30:07 PM
Cool, I'm envious of your vfe correct board. :)

Ha I didn't even think about that! I am going to have to put the MBP Fuzz duo in the cart and do a blind test sometime.

Quote from: diablochris6 on April 10, 2021, 05:07:38 PM
VFEFriday is something I look forward to on Instagram. Peter Rutter is going to have to design new effects for you so you can continue the tradition!

I bought up as many of the SPS system boards as I could and even tried asking for more! Don't worry this will be around for about 12-16 more weeks and then it will transition into #FatheadFriday where I showcase all the builds from my fat head and that will run weekly for about 5 years.

cooder

Excellent, knocked it out of the ballpark again!
BigNoise Amplification