News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How about a 1590LB build

Started by jimilee, April 08, 2021, 03:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

This is the oxygen amp from Quantum FX. In this version, Felix takes masochism to a whole new level. This is the last of the three I have finished. I got this one only 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PapaKev

This made my fingers hurt. The contortion is strong with this one.

jjjimi84

What the flying heck!?! I do not know how anyone works inside a 1590lb but kudos to you sir.

GermanCdn

Seems like a build for low profile electrolytics.  With a monster 200V thrown in just for fun 8)
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

jimilee

Quote from: GermanCdn on April 08, 2021, 04:14:03 PM
Seems like a build for low profile electrolytics.  With a monster 200V thrown in just for fun 8)
Right!

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

I'm fascinated by these LB builds. Nice job

jimilee

Quote from: harryklippton on April 08, 2021, 05:07:50 PM
I'm fascinated by these LB builds. Nice job
Thank you, I was interested because it looked easy. Uhhhh

gordo

I get a nervous tik just looking at that.  Well played Jimi but methinks you have much more patience that I ever will.  Stuffage is not my strong suit.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

I don't like 1590LBs because I can't fit my usual 27 knobs and switches on them.

Great work Jimi! You should do a whole board of these with an OSHA hazard label theme!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jimilee

Quote from: diablochris6 on April 10, 2021, 10:10:48 AM
I don't like 1590LBs because I can't fit my usual 27 knobs and switches on them.

Great work Jimi! You should do a whole board of these with an OSHA hazard label theme!
Ha! That's awesome . I think you could get a few knobs more on it.

m-Kresol

nice work. good to see someone is building these!
And yes, low profile electros would have made things easier. I do remember that there is a circuit to increase voltage on the board, so there are actually some capacitors with higher voltage...
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials