News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Everytime I order from Tayda

Started by PapaKev, April 08, 2021, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaKev

It feels like this must have happened...

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

I always end up with 1/8w and 1/2w resistors when I wanted 1/4w

jimilee

Quote from: harryklippton on April 08, 2021, 06:54:07 PM
I always end up with 1/8w and 1/2w resistors when I wanted 1/4w
Happened to me once or twice, started really paying attention to the sizes. 1/8 are useful, 1/2 not so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PapaKev

To be honest, they haven't messed up any orders, yet. However, I do have an issue with them saying something has been shipped and then sit in Colorado for 7-10 days before it moves again. Almost every order has taken at least 18 days.

Smallbear - 7-10 days
Mouser - 3-4 days
Bean - 3-5 days
PedalPCB 7-10 days
GuitarPCB -5-7 day
Lovemyswitches 7-10 days
GuitarPedalParts - 7-10 days
Jameco - 5-7 days
Antique Electronics Supply 5-7 days
Amplified Parts 5-7 Days

harryklippton

It's not sitting in Colorado. They send the stuff from Thailand and it gets transferred over to USPS in Colorado.

Aentons

I've had stuff show up from them in as little as 2 days and up to about 10-12 but never 18. I've never had anything wrong or bad either...yet

cooder

I recently received a non electronics related parcel that was sent via Airmail from New Caledonia to New Zealand. They managed to ship it first to France where it must have fallen off the conveyor belt and collected dust until it was too much in the way I think.
In the end it arrived here, oh miracle.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

This is how I end up finishing so many at one time. I start something else while I wait.

Muadzin

The key to ordering from Tayda was to use spreadsheets and then meticulously note it down. I used to have an excel spreadsheets with every item that was on offer on Tayda that I could possible use to build pedals, with prices, so that I could create pedal parts list way before ordering them. To be honest, that was sometimes the most fun part anyway. And always order enough parts so you end up having shitloads of spares. Resistors always come in 10's, but caps I also ordered in 10's or 5's. Same with transistors and IC's. Eventually I would up with so many parts, if I forgot the odd part I could always finish it. Which was basically the best thing about ordering from Tayda. Creating stock on the cheap.

Aentons

Quote from: Muadzin on April 09, 2021, 07:13:15 AM
The key to ordering from Tayda was to use spreadsheets

Their cart is wild and unpredictable sometimes... So you absolutely have to have a list of what you want, and then bang it all into the cart at once or you are asking for trouble

matmosphere

Aside from the weird postal shenanigans that started last year every time I've bought stuff from tayda showed up very quickly. In fact the only place that's ever gotten me something faster than that's a has without paying for expedited shipping is Love My Switches.

Not that I'd say they are better than anyone else, they are not. But their shipping is usually very prompt, and the issues with USPS are not their fault.

jimilee

I build a cart while building a pedal. Add something to the basket if I'm running low or out.

harryklippton

I'm a little worried that small bear will never catch up from the shutdowns this time last year and the subsequent backlog. They used to be so so fast for me

PapaKev

Quote from: Muadzin on April 09, 2021, 07:13:15 AM
The key to ordering from Tayda was to use spreadsheets and then meticulously note it down. I used to have an excel spreadsheets with every item that was on offer on Tayda that I could possible use to build pedals, with prices, so that I could create pedal parts list way before ordering them. To be honest, that was sometimes the most fun part anyway. And always order enough parts so you end up having shitloads of spares. Resistors always come in 10's, but caps I also ordered in 10's or 5's. Same with transistors and IC's. Eventually I would up with so many parts, if I forgot the odd part I could always finish it. Which was basically the best thing about ordering from Tayda. Creating stock on the cheap.

Exactly what I do.