Main Menu

Everytime I order from Tayda

Started by PapaKev, April 08, 2021, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PapaKev

Quote from: Aentons on April 09, 2021, 09:42:56 AM
Quote from: Muadzin on April 09, 2021, 07:13:15 AM
The key to ordering from Tayda was to use spreadsheets

Their cart is wild and unpredictable sometimes... So you absolutely have to have a list of what you want, and then bang it all into the cart at once or you are asking for trouble

I had a massive cart started with them and then 1 day it was just gone. Had to start all over. Very frustrating.

PapaKev

Quote from: harryklippton on April 09, 2021, 12:05:22 PM
I'm a little worried that small bear will never catch up from the shutdowns this time last year and the subsequent backlog. They used to be so so fast for me

Great point. I've noticed my orders getting shipped roughly 7 days from when I placed the order.

peAk

Yeah, unfortunately Small Bear takes the longest out of any of them for me. Sucks because they have EVERYTHING.

Mouser is 1 day for me, Love My Switches is about 3-4 days, Tayda about a week.

Smallbear is taking about two weeks as of late.

matmosphere

I'm a little worried that small bear will never catch up from the shutdowns this time last year and the subsequent backlog. They used to be so so fast for me

I'm happy he's got the business though. They are really the only place that offer what they do. There's so many pedals that would be much harder to source parts for without them. Their shipping has never been fast for me, but I'd hate to loose that shop.

JackSkellington

I use to fill the cart and write a note with all the components, and for every components the name of the project where I need it.
But since the cart of the Tayda is multi-page is very hard to read it, especially when you have 3, 4... 6... pages. It's hard to check if you have included the 10k resistor without check every page!
«Just because I cannot see it doesn't mean I can't believe it»

harryklippton

Quote from: Matmosphere on April 10, 2021, 12:47:40 AM

I'm happy he's got the business though. They are really the only place that offer what they do. There's so many pedals that would be much harder to source parts for without them. Their shipping has never been fast for me, but I'd hate to loose that shop.

Yeah, small bear will always be my default!

Muadzin

Quote from: JackSkellington on April 10, 2021, 01:16:09 AM
I use to fill the cart and write a note with all the components, and for every components the name of the project where I need it.
But since the cart of the Tayda is multi-page is very hard to read it, especially when you have 3, 4... 6... pages. It's hard to check if you have included the 10k resistor without check every page!

How much do you order? Or have they changed the layout? I never had multi page carts. Mind you, I never placed orders bigger then $40, from which I could build 2 pedals, because anything more meant Tayda would ship it in a box, instead of the envelope. And the envelope snuck through customs 99% of the time without getting slapped with import highway robbery. The box on the other hand, customs hell. It was cheaper for me to place 10 orders of $40 with separate shipping then it was to order one giant $400 order and get free shipping as it were. Strange world we live in.

PapaKev

Welp...Tayda just made me a big fat liar. 4 days from ordering to receiving. It's a Christmas miracle!

thesmokingman

Over the seven orders placed I've had one damaged pot show up which they replaced and I waited for ...

Last order placed on the 31st of March and received today on 4/10 ... I suppose that isn't too bad. my main supplier before tayda was mammoth electronics and ordering from them was an expletive filled shit show.

Then again about all I'm ordering here lately are sub $20 orders to finish up small projects like classic fuzzes
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jimilee

Quote from: PapaKev on April 10, 2021, 10:06:23 AM
Welp...Tayda just made me a big fat liar. 4 days from ordering to receiving. It's a Christmas miracle!
Whaaat??? You pay extra for shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

PapaKev

Quote from: jimilee on April 10, 2021, 04:01:09 PM

I had to look lol... but no. I am flabbergasted this came so quick. 

JackSkellington

Quote from: Muadzin on April 10, 2021, 08:58:45 AM
Quote from: JackSkellington on April 10, 2021, 01:16:09 AM

How much do you order? Or have they changed the layout? I never had multi page carts. Mind you, I never placed orders bigger then $40, from which I could build 2 pedals, because anything more meant Tayda would ship it in a box, instead of the envelope. And the envelope snuck through customs 99% of the time without getting slapped with import highway robbery. The box on the other hand, customs hell. It was cheaper for me to place 10 orders of $40 with separate shipping then it was to order one giant $400 order and get free shipping as it were. Strange world we live in.

I usually place orders around $40, too.
Since some months the web site layout is changed a bit: the log in form, the account page, the cart page, and some detail page... I visti the web site with my pc, with Win 7 and Ubuntu.
I can see just 20 items for page, and there's no any option to set the number of item for page.
Come on! Don't tell me that it's just me! :o

matmosphere

Quote from: PapaKev on April 10, 2021, 05:45:27 PM
Quote from: jimilee on April 10, 2021, 04:01:09 PM

I had to look lol... but no. I am flabbergasted this came so quick.

They probably saw the thread and decided to make sure it got there fast.

Hirti

Quote from: JackSkellington on April 11, 2021, 12:37:39 AM
[...]
I can see just 20 items for page, and there's no any option to set the number of item for page.
Come on! Don't tell me that it's just me! :o
It's not just you. They changed the layout a while back. It's the same for me. It's a little bit annoying to be honest. I liked their old design way better.

JackSkellington

I have another problem with Tayda new layout!
I put for mistake in the cart two brand of 10nF green cap (they have two very similar brand of the green caps), now I'm trying to remove one of those but updating the quantity item or the shopping cart don't work, I can't neither reduce the quantity.
I'm not going to place the order now, but I want to remove some items I don't need anymore, and I can't! >:(