News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda UV Printing Results

Started by Bio77, April 10, 2021, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

Here is some UV printed enclosures I got from Tayda.  They came out really nice.  I took some photos outside to try and capture the gloss and embossing.

The Bumblebee is black print with the extra gloss layer.  The Tremolo is double pass white print with an emboss layer. 

This photo is to compare my usual no-film decal to the UV print.  I did this Sharkfin awhile back, similar graphic. 

After drilling

Here's the finished pedals.  You can see that the embossing doesn't work well on small details.  The "Tremelo" logo looks great and it's three demential when you run your finger over it, but the small text looks sloppy.  I'll skip embossing small stuff next time. 

The gloss layer on the Bumblebee looks great.  I can't see any inconsistencies, but the enclosure is glossy too, so, probably need to test on a matte enclosure to know for sure.

Someone posted about wanting a matte black enclosure with glossy black labels.  I think that would be possible with this service.

thesmokingman

I've been wondering if the sagan delay artwork would uv print ...
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

harryklippton

I wanted to try their service but I'm so content with no film currently that I probably won't bother with the formatting requirements for tayda. Those look good though

cooder

These look fab (and so do your no film enclosures!). What software did you use to design and meet their layers requirements for this?
The Vfe Old School is such a cool tremolo, I really dig the envelope function on it, such fun once you found the sweet spots for you guitar pickups and playing.
BigNoise Amplification

jimilee

Man, those are fabulous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Quote from: cooder on April 10, 2021, 10:50:54 PM
These look fab (and so do your no film enclosures!). What software did you use to design and meet their layers requirements for this?
The Vfe Old School is such a cool tremolo, I really dig the envelope function on it, such fun once you found the sweet spots for you guitar pickups and playing.
I use Adobe Illustrator, for now.  I bought a student copy when I was in school.  It keeps loosing functionality every time Apple updates software.  Eventually I'll have to set up a PC in my garage with Windows XP to use it  ;D

peAk

Looks fantastic

I am currently getting ready to do some Tayda UV stuff so it was great to see this.

Side note, I'm surprised people use programs like photoshop to do artwork for pedals. I have always felt vector programs like Illustrator, Corel Draw, etc. Are the way to go.

Anyway, the enclosures look superb