News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Vibe Station

Started by bcalla, April 11, 2021, 08:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

This is Brejna's Pangea.  I started it last spring & just finished it.  It lived on my "needs troubleshooting" shelf for many months.  I originally etched the board for the Voicing mod, but I couldn't get it to work.  Then I built the mod on a piece of prototyping board and it still didn't work.  So I shelved it for a while.  When I pulled it off the shelf and spent some time studying it, I realized that I wired the mod wrong.  That was probably the problem with my etched board, too.

And your eyes ARE NOT playing tricks on you - the decal is a bit distorted.  I decided to use up some old clear spray paint rather than my usual Envirotex finish, and I guess I was a little heavy-handed.

Anyway, here it is and it sounds great!

matmosphere

Nice! Looks clean, and I'm sure it's a blast to mess around with.

cooder

Excellent, it's such a super sounding and mega versatile vibe box! Good on ya for getting it going, hours of fun!
BigNoise Amplification

gordo

Big reminder that I really need to finish up the enclosure on mine.  It was a challenging build and by the time I got mine stuffed in I didn't want to touch anything.

You made it look easy, very nicely done.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

diablochris6

That's a whole lot of circuit in that enclosure. The more knobs, the better, I always say. Are those knobs plastic or metal? I like the simple cylindrical shape of them.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

bcalla

Thanks to all.  It really does sound great, and has a great range of sounds.

Quote from: diablochris6 on April 11, 2021, 09:18:10 PM
The more knobs, the better, I always say. Are those knobs plastic or metal? I like the simple cylindrical shape of them.

Knobs & LEDs are why I build in the first place. :)

The knobs are metal.  I filled the pointers with white nail polish.  They came as just a notch in the top & side - black-on-black.  I couldn't tell where they were set from more than a few inches away. 

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Martan

Very cool! Is the voicing board worth it? I've got one of the main boards in the pile...

bcalla

Quote from: Martan on April 12, 2021, 11:27:20 AM
Very cool! Is the voicing board worth it? I've got one of the main boards in the pile...
The voicing mod changes the sound quite noticeably.  I will say that the higher the Intensity is set, the less obvious the voicing change.  But when Intensity is moderate to low, the voicing differences can be pretty dramatic.