News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

VFE Old School

Started by jjjimi84, April 15, 2021, 07:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

Here is the demo video I finished for this build and I think this is my favorite video I have mad so far. This pedal is so much fun and I hope everyone enjoys this video and builds this thing.

[youtube width=640]gWV6YSIheaI[/youtube]

harryklippton

Yeah that color is fanfreakingtastic

Bio77

Awesome, Dan!  Great video. 

cooder

Sweet as! That envelope function on it is really addictive good fun!
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Quote from: Bio77 on April 15, 2021, 12:50:20 PM
Awesome, Dan!  Great video.

Thank you!

Quote from: harryklippton on April 15, 2021, 11:26:55 AM
Yeah that color is fanfreakingtastic

Isnt it great?!? I wish the camera showed how it sparkles.

Quote from: cooder on April 15, 2021, 01:50:46 PM
Sweet as! That envelope function on it is really addictive good fun!

It is the best! VFE comes up with some crazy stuff.

jimilee

Wow, that is nice. You make me want to buy one.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

harryklippton

I'm sitting on a couple of VFE boards but I'm realizing that I'm overwhelmed with ordering the right parts. Got any tips?

jimilee

Quote from: harryklippton on April 15, 2021, 05:19:15 PM
I'm sitting on a couple of VFE boards but I'm realizing that I'm overwhelmed with ordering the right parts. Got any tips?

Look at the build docs, try to remember if you have the "specialty" parts, and make the order. Start building and realize you're going to have to make another order. That's how all the greats do it. I order for the VFE pedals, straight from the shopping lists honestly. I have a large supply of resistors and capacitors on hand all the time.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

Typically the only real oddball parts on VFE's is the inductor and the relay and like Jimi says, I tend to over order those parts in the event I'm going to need them.

That's a great demo Dan.  The OS is a fun pedal and I'm hooked on the depth switch setting.  It's cool to hold a chord and have the tremolo roll in at the tail.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

I felt the same way when I did my first vfe builds. My best advice is to order a few extra of the transistors and relays and to make a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. If you would like I can send you my excel file that I use to order parts for multiple builds.

Thanks Gordo! I think they are getting better every week.

Bio77

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 16, 2021, 06:27:37 AM

I felt the same way when I did my first vfe builds. My best advice is to order a few extra of the transistors and relays and to make a spreadsheet to keep track of everything. If you would like I can send you my excel file that I use to order parts for multiple builds.

Thanks Gordo! I think they are getting better every week.

+1 on the extras, you will build more VFEs down the road, just accept that  ;D  The transistors, relays, inductors, charge pump, pretty much everything from the switching board.

jimilee

Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 15, 2021, 07:13:28 AM
Here is the demo video I finished for this build and I think this is my favorite video I have mad so far. This pedal is so much fun and I hope everyone enjoys this video and builds this thing.

Yep, ordered one. Great demo.

jjjimi84

Quote from: jimilee on April 18, 2021, 05:20:17 PM
Quote from: jjjimi84 on April 15, 2021, 07:13:28 AM

Yep, ordered one. Great demo.

Yes!!!!!! That is what I am talking about!