News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

best place for tabs?

Started by redkurn, April 18, 2021, 01:17:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Tom Petty! Not too hard to learn plus some fine solos on occasion.

Aentons

Freebird!

...no seriously it's solo is really just a bunch of fairly standard aresenal type lead licks that you'll need to know if you don't already

redkurn

Quote from: Aentons on April 22, 2021, 11:12:48 PM
Freebird!

...no seriously it's solo is really just a bunch of fairly standard aresenal type lead licks that you'll need to know if you don't already
Quote from: madbean on April 22, 2021, 11:09:17 PM

I'll look into both, not sure if I even remember anything I have learned except what I've been trying to memorize and I've noticed the use of 6th/5th string 3rd fret 5th/4th/3rd string 5th fret is really really common... at least with the songs I've liked and decided to try learning.
I have been working on the time solo, but I somehow gave myself some sort of blister that fades over night, but everyday I play it again a few times and it comes back. 😂

matmosphere

My suggestion is to learn some songs that require fingerpicking. Sounds cliché but Stairway is relatively easy and a pretty good workout. Blackbird is another really good one to learn, very different pattern, but not hard.

Also check out some songs that make you be more conscience of your strumming technique. Pinball wizard is a cool one for that. Everlong is a fun one that is easy to play but difficult to play well with all the palm muting.

Ramones songs are also fun as hell, if you can properly play Blitzkrieg Bop (all downstrokes) then that is a good achievement workout. But being able to play both Beat on the Brat and I Wanna Be Sedated back to back and making them both sound correct is difficult and worthwhile. Individually neither is too difficult, but back to back is challenging.

redkurn

Quote from: madbean on April 22, 2021, 11:09:17 PM
Any Tom Petty! suggestions in particular? 😁

I'll have to give those a go, just tried mary janes last dance and while it's not difficult the palm muting doesn't sound so good... though I am used to doing it a bit more like death metal now. 😂

I did try to learn stairway a while ago, but it was when I had just started and just the beginning.

Oddly freebird isn't even on UG... request time! 😋

Another question, I plugged my joyo zombie send to the return on my bugera v55hd infinium and it didn't matter if I had the volume knobs all the way down it was still deafening.
Isn't this the correct way to do this?
https://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/tips-and-tricks/obey-your-master-the-art-of-amp-slaving
[youtube width=600 height=300]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHxgBwFEb8[/youtube]

Maybe the amps don't match and I won't be able to do this without a DI box or whatever it's called?

Aentons

The slave amp thing should work how you did it and the master volume in the bugera should work for it unless for some silly reason they put it before the loop

redkurn

No idea, none of the knobs on the Bugera did anything, didn't expect them to really and the zombie even turned all the way down was way louder than I expected like the Bugera was up to half master or something.

Oh well, I can always use the zombie separate on the 2x10 I built and have fun with two amps at the same time since I do have one pedal that has a output A and B.