News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Up Down Daddy - Delykpcb

Started by Vivek_rc, April 26, 2021, 05:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivek_rc

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my build of the up down daddy pedal from Delykpcb. It was a very challenging build and I'm very grateful it worked first time. I used 1/8 W resistors but still had to stand them up. The pedal sounds great and octaves track very well.

jimilee

Great pedal. It's nice to someone else build one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Vivek_rc

Quote from: jimilee on April 26, 2021, 05:43:54 AM
Great pedal. It's nice to someone else build one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jimi, I saw you post on this pedal as well during my build, the pictures helped me with ensuring the components were the right way around!

Thewintersoldier

That is a tight build, looks way harder than the Madbean lowrider I did. Great Job!
Who the hell is Bucky?

cooder

Great build! So is this the small as 125B version of Lowrider with chips on both sides or what is it derived from?
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on April 26, 2021, 06:15:56 PM
Great build! So is this the small as 125B version of Lowrider with chips on both sides or what is it derived from?
I believe the Pearl Octaver that the lowrider is based on but I wanna say its a 1590b!
Who the hell is Bucky?

m-Kresol

nice one! surely not an easy pedal to build!
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Vivek_rc

I can say it was an easy build because it fired up the first time! I would hate to have had to troubleshoot this guy, it's right and complicated. I had some issues post build where the sound was cutting out and intermittent, I had a lucky guess and swapped out the two germanium diodes, some dodgy D9e I had, and replaced with BAT46 diodes. Now it's working well and no issues, just an FYI for anyone who attempts this build. This fits into a 1590B but I had this trapezium shaped enclosure, a bit more room on top.