News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Setback delay

Started by Aentons, April 27, 2021, 07:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aentons

I populated my Setback board last night with the components I had on hand. Need to order a handful of few parts to complete.

jimilee

You're going to need to trim those leads...[emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

I was up late and forgot I left it like that and was amused when I walked in and saw it this morning. I figured somebody would get a laugh out of it  ;D

jimilee

Quote from: Aentons on April 27, 2021, 01:15:48 PM
I was up late and forgot I left it like that and was amused when I walked in and saw it this morning. I figured somebody would get a laugh out of it  ;D
I've had those nights myself.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Aentons

I added a couple of extra trim pots to help dial it in. Now just need some graphics

Aentons

Finished it up. Running it at 12V.  I just kind slung the graphics out on this one and it came out too light. I might redo it at some point but this is definitely good enough for now.

Would have loved to used the tails function but the way it's implemented on the board I couldn't use a panel mouned toggle and didn't want two stomps so close together

This was my first attempt at the elongated mount holes. I played twister with some of the pot lugs so the board isn't floating and to get it to fit sideways on a 12 HP panel

jimilee

Nice. How does it sound?

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on May 28, 2021, 01:26:22 PM
Nice. How does it sound?
Sounds great! I have a trim for the repeat level that lets me easily dial it in for the longest repeats before it oscillates and it just sits underneath really nicely. The volume drop when engaged is a bit tricky but Brian helped me put in extra trims to help balance that out too so it's not terrible.

dawson

Top-notch twister skills indeed!
Criticism is encouraged: constructive, or otherwise.

jimilee

Wait, there's a loss of volume? That doesn't sound good at all.

gordo

Yeah, kinda bugs me but working on it.  Also I'm getting a cleaner signal on the 9v option so working thru that as well.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

culturejam

Very nice! Love the aesthetic.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

KMRO

Are you building MBP pcbs behind Eurorack?  Any need for power conversion?  I really like your panel graphics. 

Aentons

Quote from: jimilee on May 30, 2021, 03:37:38 PM
Wait, there's a loss of volume? That doesn't sound good at all.
Yep, stock it's fairly noticable but it's not too bad if you adjust it a little. I ended up with some additional trimpots in case I wanted to tweak it later

Here is what Brian suggested:
https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32788.msg315181#msg315181

Aentons

Quote from: KMRO on June 01, 2021, 07:42:44 AM
Are you building MBP pcbs behind Eurorack?  Any need for power conversion?  I really like your panel graphics.

I'm really just using the eurorack specifications and hardware to build a pedalboard. The big exception is that I'm using internal jumper connections rather than external patch cables.

For power, I have run it off a one spot and an internal daisy chain cable. I'm currently working on a roadrage board to use on the input/output panel for some additional power filtering and voltage options. I'm also trying to work out a bus system that will work in that tight space rather than using flying wires

I did a couple of other build reports about the case and other modules, more details here:

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32259.msg309994#msg309994

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32677.msg314077#msg314077

https://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=32685.msg314205#msg314205