News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

tone bender bender- variants

Started by harryklippton, April 28, 2021, 12:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryklippton

Hey Chris, let us know if you get a chance to check the gain and leakage on your mki transistors

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: harryklippton on May 14, 2021, 09:48:21 PM
Hey Chris, let us know if you get a chance to check the gain and leakage on your mki transistors
I just rigged up a new tester last week too. I'm at gymnastics with my youngest daughter. How about I get gains for mk1, 1.5, 2, 3 and the buzzaround and dizzy tone. I'll post tomorrow at some point.
Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

That would be awesome if you can swing it!

Thewintersoldier

I said I would do it, just took me a little longer to get to it. I hate adulting and that's all I've done this weekend and will do all day. I snuck some time in last night. These are done with the rg keen method so I'm sure an peak dca75 will give better results. I want to get one and just might for jfet usage as well. Anyways...heres wonderwall.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

harryklippton

Awesome! Thanks a million Chris!

cooder

Cheers Chris, much appreciated that you wrangled time for this!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

No problem guys, all sets were bought from smallbear. My wife worked all weekend so I had the kids as well as things to do around the house. Cleaned out the garage some, cleaned the gutters, trimmed all the bushes and did the usual yardwork. Got the grocery shopping done as well as 4 loads of laundry on top of my usual cooking and dishes and all that. And back to work in the morning.
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bret608

It does my heart good to see Smallbear offers correct specs for the MkIII. Over the years I've seen lots of people post on forums saying they're not satisfied with a MkIII build (usually saying it's too blown out or farty sounding), and pretty often it turns out they used transistors that would make more sense for a MkII. The MkIII (and Buzzaround and Dizzy Tone, for that matter) likes low gain and leakage on Q1 and Q2.

The MkI is a weird one for sure--try to find the posts from luciferstrip over at DIY Stompboxes where he lays out how to select transistors and tune the circuit to your liking. For example, more leakage on Q3 will give you longer sustain, whereas less leakage makes it more gated.

Zerro

Hi, Harry Klippton. If you want play with Tonebender to understand, how it works inside, I can offer Adjustable SuckFuzz, with the same core inside! See and enjoy for your own setting!
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

harryklippton