News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

9v issue

Started by ckim715, February 06, 2012, 11:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckim715

So backstory: my pedals got a bit waterdamaged. My basement flooded, and my pedalboard got submerged. I managed to save the majority of my stuff, but my pots became all scratchy. Today, I decided to not be lazy and use Deoxit on the pots. Worked wonders.

I plug in my Serendipity to make sure all is well, and my 9v stops working. I know it's the 9v jack because with a battery, the pedal works fine. Any tricks on how I can fix this? I unfortunately do not have another 9v jack that I can replace it with.
-Charlie

madbean

Grab a spare DC plug, put just a little tiny bit of lighter fluid  or DW40 on it then insert and twist a few times.

Obviously, you want to wait a while for it to evaporate before trying it again since you just put lighter fluid inside. But, it may clean the connections.

You could always try a hair dryer on low first to dry the socket out.

ckim715

No go  :-\

I should add that the 9v worked for a moment. I realized that I had put in the guitar cables wrong, fixed it, turned it back on, and it didn't work anymore.
-Charlie

ckim715

huzzah for being a packrat! Found a DC jack buried in my parts drawer. All is well. Thanks Brian, for the tip
-Charlie