News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bass delay? Rebote?

Started by thesameage, May 16, 2021, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Hey all, just getting into using delay on bass guitar. Using it more as an extended reverb/straight non-wobbly chorus king of effect.

I have an old rebote delay that's been kicking around my bench forever and it ends up that it's great for bass with the blend and it's simplicity.

Is there anything out there better? I know this is a pretty old design. Also, any smaller versions?

jimilee

I used the cavedweller and the de profundis (now can be found at tagboard) from Grind Customs. I liked the De Profundis because of the tone knob.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

Yeah, I second the De Profundis. It's pretty close to the rebote, I wonder if you could mod that to add the tone control.

thesameage

Is tone necessary, in your opinion, if you have the blend?

matmosphere

Quote from: thesameage on May 16, 2021, 09:52:47 PM
Is tone necessary, in your opinion, if you have the blend?

I've never tried a delay with a blend on bass. Id say if what you have is working and you are happy then don't sweat it. All pt2399 delays are built around a similar structure. You could probably add the tone control without a ton of trouble if you wanted to.

jimilee

It's more of a personal preference, it's diy. I like having the feature available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesameage

What do you guys think of the rebote vs the aqua baby type delay. Does it actually sound that much better/organic? At least for my purposes of using it like a reverb/chorus? Worth building?

jimilee

Definitely, repeats are a lot cleaner with the aqua baby. Although, when you throw in a whole band to the recording or live mix, you're not going to hear the difference.

thesmokingman

built a de profundis for a bass player once ... still on his board
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

jimilee

Quote from: thesmokingman on May 17, 2021, 02:45:28 PM
built a de profundis for a bass player once ... still on his board
Mine stayed on the whole time I was gigging. I used both the aforementioned delays. Cave dwellers was for short, de profundis was for long delays.