News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD

Started by jimilee, May 06, 2021, 10:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Quote from: dan.schumaker on May 06, 2021, 05:04:00 PM
Sweet!  The U2 fan in me has always wanted one of those too!  Line it up with a DMM and a Vox!
I have both, good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

woolie

Quote from: jimilee on May 06, 2021, 10:21:22 AM
How about some of this action?! Got one to match my V.

Gorgeous!

I got a 1976 in my father in law's barn. I spent a ton of time bringing  it back from the dead and I love it.

I hope this brings you much joy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

madbean

That is killer looking, Jimi! Natural finish with white pickguard is the bomb. I've never had the chance to play either an Explorer or Firebird. I need to visit more guitar shops.
(Also an Edge fan and I don't even care what people think about him...he's a freaking genius guitar player).

gordo

Very nice.  I really like the look of the top, it's a nice variant of the usual no-grain korina look.  Explorers are surprisingly comfortable guitars to play, even considering the considerable real estate.  You just have to keep that in mind so you don't bang the tip of the body or peghead on something.

I have one of the Korean made Hamer Standards.  The case is bigger than my first apartment but it's a very nice guitar and the only thing I've done is ripped out all the guts and replaced with CTS pots, a better toggle, and Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and PAF in the neck.  Even still it's a surprisingly dark sounding guitar.  I think that your Gibson looks much cooler with the pickup covers though.

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: madbean on May 06, 2021, 07:48:04 PM
That is killer looking, Jimi! Natural finish with white pickguard is the bomb. I've never had the chance to play either an Explorer or Firebird. I need to visit more guitar shops.
(Also an Edge fan and I don't even care what people think about him...he's a freaking genius guitar player).
Oh absolutely, the movie with the edge, jimmy page and jack white really opened my eyes to the edge a little more. I e alway been a U2 fan. Although, New Year's Day makes me cringe. It was over played and then over played again.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on May 07, 2021, 05:39:17 AM
Very nice.  I really like the look of the top, it's a nice variant of the usual no-grain korina look.  Explorers are surprisingly comfortable guitars to play, even considering the considerable real estate.  You just have to keep that in mind so you don't bang the tip of the body or peghead on something.

I have one of the Korean made Hamer Standards.  The case is bigger than my first apartment but it's a very nice guitar and the only thing I've done is ripped out all the guts and replaced with CTS pots, a better toggle, and Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge and PAF in the neck.  Even still it's a surprisingly dark sounding guitar.  I think that your Gibson looks much cooler with the pickup covers though.

I played with a guy that had a hamer like that. It was incredibly heavy. The mahogany is much lighter. I was thinking about putting some high gain pickups in it. The hetfield EMGs have chrome covers too.

peAk

Wowzers  :o

You starting a guitar museum yet?

jimilee

Quote from: peAk on May 07, 2021, 08:02:10 AM
Wowzers  :o

You starting a guitar museum yet?
Yep! Although right now, it's sort of a museum / scavenger hunt.  Occasionally, I'll come across a guitar I forgot I had.