News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy vs Man O War

Started by slowpogo, May 11, 2021, 10:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpogo

I've built the Man O War DX and the Total Recall delays and love them both.

I was interested in building the Aquaboy Deluxe too but at first glance the PCB looks extremely similar to the Man O War. How are they different? They seem to have the same feature set so I assume it comes down to a slightly different voicing.

Can anyone compare and contrast these two delays and if I have one do you really think the other is worth building?

jimilee

The only thing that matters is, you haven't built it yet. Bwahahahaha But seriously, I have no idea, you'd have to look up the original pedals and read the docs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slowpogo

I once owned a DM2 and from what I recall it's on the darker and grittier side of analog delay. But the PCB topologies are so similar between these two, if not labeled I would assume the Aquaboy was the Man O War...all the chips, pots, switch are in the same place. I know that's potentially a superficial similarity but that makes it feel like a redundant build. I'll probably do it anyway  ;D

Bio77

If you check out the build doc for the Man O War, Brian does a little breakdown of what is different about it from the DM2 and the MM.