News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PedalPCB Mercurial Boost

Started by peccary, May 09, 2021, 10:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peccary

I finished this one yesterday morning and it may be one of my favorites already. It's a clone of the Catalanbread Varioboost.

I have been able to pull sounds out of my precision bass that I've never heard from it before. If I ever end up getting the band back together I could see having a couple of these for different songs. It's just so good at sculpting a base tone that it may be actually be one of those "always on" pedals I've heard about but never thought would be something I'd have.

Anyways, I'd highly recommend this one. It's an easy build without any hard to find parts and relatively few components, so it's a good one for rookies as well, I'd say.

Thewintersoldier

Who the hell is Bucky?

peccary

jjjimi84

Its blowing my mind! Nice work sir!

jimilee

Very clean indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Ben N

Ditto! I built one, and it's absolutely the handiest thing to have on your pedalboard for a tailored lead boost. I built mine in a 1590B, but I'm planning on rehousing it possibly in a 1590BB along with an extra footswitch in for a built-in Juggler with FX loop, so I can switch it on the fly from post distortion (like I have it now) to pre-distortion, where it can really kick your dirt up a notch with a mid or pseudo-treble boost.

matmosphere