News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Krypton Phaser

Started by Hefty, May 27, 2021, 10:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefty

Just put together a Krypton Phaser and have been looking for build docs. that tell how to adjust trimmers on the board. Not real sure about what a phaser should work like. Never owned one, or really any experience with one. I am also wondering about the led pad with the three legs. Do you use a three legged led and does one side act as pedal power indicator and one color as phasing speed?

Betty Wont

Below are Madbean's directions for setting the trimmers. i've built a lot of Kryptons and they all sounded the best with the trimmers at noon.
As far as the LED, I always did an footswitch mounted LED, so I'm not even sure what the dual one does. It could be a combo On/rate indicator, or a On/Off indicator.

"- T1 sets the swing from light to dark on D2. CCW is full depth and it gets more shallow as you go clockwise.
- T2 sets the maximum brightness. CCW is full brightness and the LED will dim as you turn it clockwise.
While I could write many words on calibration it's much easier to just do it. Set your Depth at max, Rate about halfway
and adjust trimmers to taste to get the best phase sweep you can. Now test those settings at the slowest and fastest Rate
settings. Tweak the trimmers to taste to get the best response possible over the full range of the Rate knob. Do all this
with your light shield covering the LDRs! Tip: The 1st half of T1 tends to be way too much and actually makes the phaser
sweep sound doubled up (or maybe 'ghosted' is a better word).
For my build, I set both trimmers halfway. Feel free to use that as a starting point."

Hefty

Thanks for the quick reply, anyone have any info on the 3 way pad LED set up