News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A HUNDRED LOLWHAATS! TPA3116 based pedalboard amp.

Started by Willybomb, November 30, 2021, 02:50:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willybomb

I think this might be my first build for the year.  It's a TPA3116 pcb with a dual buffer sandwiching the volume pot in front of the board.  Just a quick concept build using a board I had lying around, hence the quality artwork and plastic jiffy box.

Martan

Pretty cool looking! And I haven't gotten into smd yet, so I honestly don't know what I'm looking at for some of it:

Is the big black piece a heatsink for the chip?

Is the circle on the right with "330" a heatsink for a transistor?

I see that you have some smd caps next to box caps. Is that signal vs power circuits?

How do you like those Phoenix style board mount wire connectors in a pedal? I have used them in bigger builds but not in pedals. Good? Bad?

Thanks and good to see you posting again!

Marty

Willybomb

All good questions, I'll see if I can answer them properly:

QuoteIs the big black piece a heatsink for the chip?
Yep
QuoteIs the circle on the right with "330" a heatsink for a transistor?
I think it's a capacitor
QuoteI see that you have some smd caps next to box caps. Is that signal vs power circuits?
No idea
QuoteHow do you like those Phoenix style board mount wire connectors in a pedal? I have used them in bigger builds but not in pedals. Good? Bad?
They have their place.  Makes it easier to hook everything up.  These came on the board already in place.
QuoteThanks and good to see you posting again!
Thanks.  I think it's the first thing I've built this year.

In all honesty, all I've done is hook up a cheap populated board to a laptop powersupply, and put a volume pot in between two buffers in front of the board, with a 2200uf cap across the power supply.

This is the board I used, although not this seller.  Might have gotten the actual one used from aliexpress but it was a while ago.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313448814375