News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Choose your fighter

Started by Thewintersoldier, May 14, 2021, 01:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

So who you guys got? As a dad I feel this says a lot about who we are. I have never seen a pair of jargos in the wild so they are a total wildcard. A man in jagos has nothing to left to loose. Cargos for date nite at Chilli's. The quintessential short for theme parks, ball games and camping. Cargos are like a man purse you wear. Jorts are a total power move. Comfort, versatility and speed. Mow the lawn at noon and bbq at 5. Throw cold ones back with the boys, refer to people as "big guy" and know how to grill a burger. One simply can't drive a Corvette in anything but jorts. All ass kicking all the time. Jorts in the streets and cargos in the sheets. I choose Jorts, what say you people?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

mattc

I'm a cargo man, but I've never seen Jargos.   If I see Jargos for sale, I might convert!

EBK

The biggest problem with cargo shorts, other than the they're-uncool-but-I'm-clearly-"cool"-enough-to-not-care dad paradox, is laundry day.  The "purse you wear" quickly becomes the wife's purse that you wear, and inevitably, a lip balm ends up in the dryer.

And, why don't women's pants have pockets anyway?
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: EBK on May 14, 2021, 02:37:46 PM
The biggest problem with cargo shorts, other than the they're-uncool-but-I'm-clearly-"cool"-enough-to-not-care dad paradox, is laundry day.  The "purse you wear" quickly becomes the wife's purse that you wear, and inevitably, a lip balm ends up in the dryer.
I do the laundry in my house and I'm the only guy with a wife and two daughters. Nothing worse than chapstick getting everywhere. Instead of guitar picks in the dryer it's all bobby pins and hair clips lol
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

Cargo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesmokingman

I've washed a lot of pocket knives this way ...

I've owned my fair share of wrangler jargos over the years, well before dad-hood, because I do not care ... they go well with my other fashion sin, the plain black pocket tee
once upon a time I was Tornado Alley FX

peccary

I only wear Chuck Norris Action Jeans.

Actually, I've been wearing these same two pairs of Levis cargo shorts since we started lockdown last March.

harryklippton

I haven't and probably won't stop wearing cutoff camos that I've been wearing since I was a teenager. My current pair is cut through the cargo pockets so I don't have to worry about leaving stuff in there

Aentons

I'm wearing cutoff jeanshorts right now. Yesterday I wore swim trunks

peccary

Quote from: Aentons on May 14, 2021, 04:49:15 PM
I'm wearing cutoff jeanshorts right now. Yesterday I wore swim trunks

Can't beat built-in underwear. Power move.

gordo

I'm in the cargo camp, although it looks like the jorts guy looks like he might be packin some decent firepower.

Only cargo drawback is that after a number of washings the flaps take on a personality of their own and tend to curl up into some sort of weird animal ears.  You can iron them (like I'd be that ambitious!!) but they eventually return to their previous state.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Aleph Null

Pants. Straight-leg pants. The only time I wear shorts is when I'm in swim trunks—and you can be damn sure that if they made swim pants, I would wear those instead.

If I had to carry around enough stuff to warrant cargo pants, I'd get a backpack or a suitcase as was appropriate for the situation. Even when my kids were in diapers, our diaper bag was a Camelbak backpack.

culturejam

Your post gave me a good laugh just now. Well written!

I'm a total CARGO man. There's nothing as awesome as a legit pair of cargos when you are on the go toting a small child. Cargos can hold snacks, wipes, emergency backup diaper, used grocery bag to dispose of said diaper, sunglasses, sunscreen, small water bottle, butterfly knife in case shit kicks off at the playground, etc.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

alanp

For me, usually black trackpants or, if I'm feeling fancy, a black pair of cargo pants. If the weather is hideously hot (say, 24degC) I'll put normal black shorts on.

At work, I usually have a pair of rugby shorts on underneath my white overalls.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

peccary

Quote from: alanp on May 14, 2021, 06:27:07 PM
For me, usually black trackpants or, if I'm feeling fancy, a black pair of cargo pants. If the weather is hideously hot (say, 24degC) I'll put normal black shorts on.

At work, I usually have a pair of rugby shorts on underneath my white overalls.

Oh, man. I miss the freedom of my rugby shorts. I forgot about them.