News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Black Hole by Coda Effects Completed Build

Started by jazzster, May 15, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzster

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. With some troubleshooting help from Madbean members (shout out again to Matmosphere), I just finished this today. I really like how it turned out. It's mostly stock except that the boost circuit has it's own footswitch and LED. The stock build also has the boost level on an internal trimpot but I changed it to an external pot. It sounds great. Super meaty and heavy. Graphics are laser cut white vinyl with clear coat.

matmosphere

Looks great!! Glad that you got it working without much trouble.

I love the graphics. Care to share a little info on the process?

jjjimi84

jimilee

Wow, very cool looking indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jazzster

Thanks for the compliments folks. The graphics process was pretty straight forward. I created the graphics with a transparent alpha channel. Then the laser cutter cuts out anything on that alpha channel, leaving behind the white. The annoying part is once it has been cut you have to sit with a sharp little knife and some tweezers and carefully pick out all the little pieces that have been cut, without ruining the parts you want to keep. Then you put some transfer tape over top, then stick it to the pedal. I specifically went with white since you can't get white from a printer.

gordo

Damn that a great lookin pedal. The color difference is jarring and looks killer!
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?