News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gas Tank and Junk Trunk

Started by dmnCrawler, May 22, 2021, 04:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmnCrawler

Here are my Gas Tank and Junk Trunk. These are a ton of fun to play together. I really like the option of having the envelope trigger from the clean sound. I have no one home tomorrow and am going to give them a real spin.

I still have to decide which knobs to use and I would like opinions on the idea of doing essentially prints of hand painted pedals. I have the mockups here as well.

Thewintersoldier

This is awesome, I think you should do multi color knobs to match the primary colors!
Who the hell is Bucky?

jimilee

I really dig the way that came out, fantastic idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

That's really cool!  Super clean builds.

I liked the black knobs for the individual pedal, before I noticed the face.  Reminded me of a Basquiat painting.

But when I realized the face, definitely the white.  Black gets busy and subtracts, IMO.

Feral Feline

I think the black becomes part of the design, a punctuation of the black already within the graphic.

The white neither adds nor detracts from the design, it's neutral, IMO.

I think both look great, but not mixed together — either all white or all black.

Mmmmmaybe white on the upper knobs and black on the lower or vice-versa, but splitting black and white to left and right doesn't seem to inspire as much.

All in all a great set of Pachyderm pedals.

Might tackle these two circuits once my Flunkee is finished.

dmnCrawler

I didn't have enough knobs to do all one color but I agree they should be the same on both pedals. Thank you for the kind words. I have really been enjoying building.

jjjimi84

I say go with white knobs, the black over power the painting and distract from it.

Looks super cool and I love the message you have on Instagram, very cool.

Martan

diablochris6

Very cool. And with that enclosure design, if you were ever to sell them, the buyer would have to buy both of course!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here