News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Laser Printer for Etch Mask

Started by Doorlord, December 26, 2022, 04:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doorlord

I know this has been covered before, but the specific model numbers I've found are older and no longer available.

What is a good inexpensive laser printer for etch masks?

madbean

I've had good luck with Brother. Decent laser printers are cheap so I suggest looking at the replacement costs for the toner and drum and factor that into your decision. For my printer, the toner and drum replacements nearly total the initial cost of the printer itself. But, they don't have to be replaced too often.

jwin615

My $100 Brother HL2270DW has been rock solid for 10s of thousands of prints and high yield cartridges are cheap online.
It's been replaced with the 2370 for a modest $130
If you get a brother make note of the cartridge head cleaning procedure and the cartridge replacement override but otherwise flawless.

jessenator

If you're doing blue transfer prints this probably won't matter, but if you're weird like me:

The best luck I've had is using inkjet-specific paper, and setting the printer to "transparencies" print setting. So if you want to be cheap like me, just make sure the printer supports transparency printing (my current Brother does not, incidentally).

The iron transfer works great this way—granted this was s decade ago. Choosing the transparency print will make the fuser operate at a lower temperature, and the inkjet paper always seemed to not hold onto the toner as much.

But like I say, if you're doing the blue transfer sheets, ignore me :)

jimilee

I used the blue PNP, couldn't get anything else right. I gave up on enclosures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.