News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD - '01 PRS McCarty

Started by pickdropper, May 27, 2021, 05:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

Quote from: pickdropper on May 27, 2021, 09:01:12 PM
I know PRS has a rep for bling (somewhat deserved) but there are plenty of workhorse instruments out there.  Those Custom 22s are nice, though.  I'm surprised you're thinking of letting that one go.  Then again, you're better about keeping your instrument count sane.

Only b/c I usually just want to play my SG or Strat these days. The S2 22 I have is absolutely a workhorse instrument. Used, satin finish, was not expensive, wouldn't care about it getting dings, etc. That's probably enough reason to keep it :)

That said, you won't ever catch me criticizing buying guitars! Funny that almost all the ones I've grown attached to and would not part with are the ones I bought used. The only store bought one I've kept is my US made SGJ which was like $500.

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on May 28, 2021, 07:37:24 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on May 27, 2021, 09:01:12 PM
I know PRS has a rep for bling (somewhat deserved) but there are plenty of workhorse instruments out there.  Those Custom 22s are nice, though.  I'm surprised you're thinking of letting that one go.  Then again, you're better about keeping your instrument count sane.

Only b/c I usually just want to play my SG or Strat these days. The S2 22 I have is absolutely a workhorse instrument. Used, satin finish, was not expensive, wouldn't care about it getting dings, etc. That's probably enough reason to keep it :)

That said, you won't ever catch me criticizing buying guitars! Funny that almost all the ones I've grown attached to and would not part with are the ones I bought used. The only store bought one I've kept is my US made SGJ which was like $500.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.  On a certain level, I respect letting go of things that aren't being used. I tend to cycle through which guitars get used, so I've always had a hard time letting them go if I still like them.

It's funny, even though I have a bunch of guitars, I actually don't buy guitars that often.  It had been 3-4 years since I've purchased one (and this one sort of just fell into my lap).  Forrest's doing a pretty good job convincing me I need one of his SGs, so it's not looking good for another 3-4 years.  ;-) 
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper