News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Components inventory/order lists?

Started by Beedoola, May 29, 2021, 12:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beedoola

I have a box of resistors and caps that I have organized and use for builds but I haven't ordered anything on a large scale in years and need to replenish my stock.

Does anyone have a document/list they use as a reference for what to order?

If so, you mind sharing it? If it includes switches and stuff like that, that is awesome.

gordo

Geez I wish this were a magic bullet.  I have a pretty decent stock and just order as my bins get low, but 100% of the time I miss something.  I've noticed that lately a lot of vendors have holes in their stock and long lead times so I'm hoping it's not due to a chill with China, lack of transportation options, or lack of raw materials.  Or all of the above.

One thing that has helped me over the last number of years is that I've pretty much switched over to 1/8 watt resistors and buy in quantities of 100 regardless of value.  It's so cheap that I can cover a lot of ground.  I haven't noticed any sonic difference (regardless of who you believe with thermal noise) and the accuracy tends to be a bit more accurate.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

peAk

Quote from: gordo on May 29, 2021, 01:08:49 PM
  I've noticed that lately a lot of vendors have holes in their stock and long lead times so I'm hoping it's not due to a chill with China, lack of transportation options, or lack of raw materials.  Or all of the above.

I talked to Lawrence at BLMS about this and he pretty much confirmed this is an issue.

alanp

It's because a lot of factories stopped production during covid lockdowns. A *lot* of factories. Plus, of course, shipping went to hell between the Suez Canal, ports enforcing distancing, anti-covid measures, and other complications.

I'm picking that, as things start rolling again, the big contracts (Apple, etc) will be fulfilled first, and smalltime hobbyists later.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

PapaKev

Quote from: Beedoola on May 29, 2021, 12:05:42 PM
I have a box of resistors and caps that I have organized and use for builds but I haven't ordered anything on a large scale in years and need to replenish my stock.

Does anyone have a document/list they use as a reference for what to order?

If so, you mind sharing it? If it includes switches and stuff like that, that is awesome.

I use this. Some stuff is probably miss-labeled. Sometimes I add to inventory and forget to list it. I also don't keep track of how many I have as I always order 4-10 of each item and 100 when getting resistors. Feel free to download and manipulate anyway you want. Hope it helps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tiNpswrtv-JnjNdOrMbEzZcQcaOH9uUEpKo3CxA6u4s/edit?usp=sharing

If you don't have excel, you can use this free program. http://www.openoffice.org/?lang=en-US

CodeMonk

This is what I use.
Its an Open Office Calc file .ODS.

Anyone that wants it, its attached.

EDIT: Updated zip file "Parts_List_BOM_2.zip" has Excel 97/2000/XP .xls file added.
Scroll bars are a bit funky.
My friends call me Rob

Affiliations :
Dalton Jones Electronics: Chief Tinkerer