News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Anybody try Tayda Brand Pots?

Started by Bio77, May 30, 2021, 04:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bio77

I've tried their house brand mini SPDT and DPDT toggle switches, which seem fine.  Wondering about their pots. 

gordo

I've had no issues with the pots.  Availability is hit or miss but everyone is like that now.  I have an order of restock stuff coming in next week and I got a few different 16mm I need.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

vizcities

They're totally fine for personal builds. Some useful info:

+ Their smooth shaft pots tend to run a bit thin, meaning set-screw knobs will wobble on them. That in mind, I only buy knurled pots from Tayda, which comfortably accept most push fit knobs and thus are more usable.

+ The resistance tolerances on Tayda pots can be somewhat broad, though this is not usually noticeable in practice.

+ Their smoothness of taper is a bit slow/creaky compared to an Alpha pot from, say, Small Bear or Love My Switches.

Caveats aside, I love Tayda pots - they get the job done cheaply and reliably. I've never had a problem with them.

Bio77

Good to know.  Thanks for the input 8)

Just to clarify.  I have been using Alpha pots bought from Tayda for years now with no problems.  I prefer them over Alphas from other vendors because of the price and they include the pot cover.  Recently, Tayda has been offering their own house brand.  They seem to be stocking less Alpha pots for the values they are making themselves.  Makes me think that eventually they will not stock Alphas and only have Tayda brand.

peccary

Quote from: vizcities on May 30, 2021, 06:34:34 PM
They're totally fine for personal builds. Some useful info:

+ Their smooth shaft pots tend to run a bit thin, meaning set-screw knobs will wobble on them. That in mind, I only buy knurled pots from Tayda, which comfortably accept most push fit knobs and thus are more usable.

+ The resistance tolerances on Tayda pots can be somewhat broad, though this is not usually noticeable in practice.

+ Their smoothness of taper is a bit slow/creaky compared to an Alpha pot from, say, Small Bear or Love My Switches.

Caveats aside, I love Tayda pots - they get the job done cheaply and reliably. I've never had a problem with them.

I like their Alphas with the 6.35mm smooth shaft and prefer knobs with set screws. I hope that if they are phasing out the Alphas that they are able to fix their smooth shaft pots. They are kind of pointless if they don't work for their intended purpose.

jimilee

I'm curious if they're trying to solve a supply problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

Quote from: jimilee on June 03, 2021, 05:34:18 PM
I'm curious if they're trying to solve a supply problem.

That's an interesting point.