News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

mudbunny desoldering blues!

Started by thesameage, June 03, 2021, 10:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Had a plan and just a little free time to mod an old mudbunny to civil war specs, change the tone stack for more mids, and switch out the transistors for low HFE ones.

Wouldn't you know it, I wreaked total havoc on the thing desoldering the old components! Had to order a new board from Brian today and will just start fresh.

Nothing really to add here... just venting. You have a plan and a limited amount of time and you think it's going to be exactly what you want and you just need to keep plugging away.

I think I can actually get the damaged board working, I'm just going to need to trace the signal from start to finish. And will want to do a remake anyway as it's a little frankenstined.

gordo

That sucks.  I've removed FV-1's and rotary switches flawlessly on some boards and then I'll get one where I trash a board just trying to remove a transistor.  My first epic whiff was when the Collosalus was first released and I absolutely murdered the board.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

I got a couple dogs, the one that really sticks out is the heartbreaker overdrive from effectslayout.com. Going to do a build report to showcase my abuse.

matmosphere

Post some pics, I.. know a friend who has done that a lot. If we know that pads are bad we can probably tel you where to put jumpers

thesameage

Will do...one pad came out when I removed a pot...i think i jumpered that one correctly.

Still, somethings not right. If the sustain isn't on a little bit you get no signal and the signal that comes through is ALL distorted and kind of gated.