News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY Choral Reef

Started by jjjimi84, May 28, 2021, 07:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I know what your thinking, "hasn't this dude run out of VFE pedals yet?" No, I have not and I will make more, damn it!

This is my choral reef and this is a video that almost broke my patience. I filmed it and edited it and tried to get the video to a shorter length (thinking that is what people want) and sent it off to my brother for some notes. He said it sucked and was missing what he liked in my videos, me dicking around acting like myself (an idiot). So it was scrapped and completely redone. I love my brother and he helped me remember why I am doing this, to have fun and get people into building pedals. I am not a youtuber just a diy nutjob who likes to have fun, I am going to try and still edit them to a reasonable length but keep the fun parts about them. I will also never ever say please like and subscribe and dont forget to hit that bell icon, just not happening guys. I may sell myself on the street but not on the internet.

Now for this video I did not tell the whole story of this build. This build is an homage to my father, my dad is absolutely the funniest guy I know and without a doubt will have me laughing every time we talk. He once told me this story about when he was a kid he would always get my grandma Lillian fired up and he would get stuck doing chores. Back in roughly 1966, he was 10 and got in some real hot water and had to do dishes for a month. Half way through this long stretch he couldn't take it and decided to have some company join him in his efforts.

Looking at Grandmas fish bowl, he grabbed a goldfish and threw him in the sink.........

My dad thought it was hilarious, a little fish swimming around in the sink while he did dishes. His idea was, he would get a laugh and then toss him back in the fish bowl except he forgot about one little thing, dish soap.

When he told me this story I couldn't help but feel sad for this fish but then feel even worse for the 10 year old boy who was just trying to have fun. I think there is probably a lesson in there somewhere but for me I just think back to that story and think about my Dad and that goldfishes last thoughts. I am guessing they were like this....

Here is dem sweet gutz.

Here is the demo and this will be the last video until the 11th. Next week I want to show off my Merman build I did for a friend and I have to get caught up on some video stuff.

Thewintersoldier

Another awesome build Dan. Your brother was right about the video, this is you dude! Pedal looks great inside and out And sounds killer.
Who the hell is Bucky?

gordo

Was the goldfish's name "Bubbles"?

Very nice demo and stellar looks with matching board/enclosure colors.  I like the VFE chorus and it's equally intriguing phaser counterpart the "Tractor Beam".  It's interesting to see Peter's more-is-better take on any effect but it becomes pretty dramatic on the EHX stuff.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jjjimi84

Thanks guys! This pedal is really versatile and I think it has more sounds in it than the new SPS system version, it also does have a bit more of a noise floor also.

cooder

Great demo again, epic build, cool phish! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

PapaKev

Builder of the year and its still May. Another great job. Your artwork is magnificio.

jimilee

Hey man, what a fantastic demo. I'm impressed how you can nervously bounce your left leg, and play guitar to a totally different tempo. Second, I liked at the end when you showed the different knob settings and the crazy sounds. I'm liking your demos more and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jjjimi84

Quote from: cooder on May 28, 2021, 02:33:23 PM
Great demo again, epic build, cool phish! 8)

Thank you, I got a couple Big Noise pedals in the works. Hopefully can get them done soon and make a demo of that weta fuzz.

Quote from: PapaKev on May 28, 2021, 04:47:16 PM
Builder of the year and its still May. Another great job. Your artwork is magnificio.

Wow! That is a bold claim, I have a couple really great pedals coming up and I am already started on my BOTY, I had to buy a table saw and router to finish it.

Quote from: jimilee on May 28, 2021, 07:25:21 PM
Hey man, what a fantastic demo. I'm impressed how you can nervously bounce your left leg, and play guitar to a totally different tempo. Second, I liked at the end when you showed the different knob settings and the crazy sounds. I'm liking your demos more and more.

The nervous bouncing comes from the pot of coffee I drink, usually while filming the demos. Thank you for watching, I love the weird sounds this pedal does and really appreciate the kind words. These are a labor of DIY love and I hope people build a VFE or 3 because of them.

Come to think of it I do have a few other non VFE pedals I could demo.........

KMRO

This is an awesome video.  Makes me want to build this.  Good playing, raw charm and that vibrato at 4:30 is ridiculous.  Nice work.

Hirti

This looks so good and sounds so good! One day I'll finish mine. Bought the PCB when it first came out but it never worked because I bought a fake MN3008 on Banzai... One day. One day.

jjjimi84

Thank you for the kind words, get a new chip! It is really worth it, such a great pedal.