News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LectricFx final phase-Omega Phase

Started by Thewintersoldier, June 08, 2021, 01:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I have been counting down all my phasers on pedalpcb and this Friday will be the final phaser phriday until I get another phaser. I finished this up last night and didn't want to wait to post it cause it's really great sounding. So don't spoil it for fig over at the pedalpcb forum lol. This pedal took a lot longer to put together than I wanted. First, I ordered the wrong ICs and Gordo bailed my dumbass out. Thanks again Gordo for the assist! Second I ran out of solder, that hasn't happened in 3 years! I was low on my usual 1lb roll of kester so I ordered on Amazon and they lost it. They resent it a week later and then both showed up a day apart from each other. Outside of that build was really strait forward and sounds great. Very fluid and flange like at times and the mod sweep knob beings some wild sounds. My first time using a tayda uv print. The outer line had some issue that didn't get the right color but I think I know why now and am trying another print on another build. I may get this one redone cause of OCD and I wish I would have labeled the bypass and od switches. Lookout for a bunch of germanium fuzzes in the coming weeks as I start boxing up lots of new builds.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Who the hell is Bucky?

Betty Wont

Love this one. Such a meaty phaser. I built a couple of these and replaced the internal overdrive with DAM Meatheads for more intense fuzz/phase.

harryklippton

gordo

Such a sweet build and kudo's on the Tayda venture.  I haven't crossed that bridge yet so will check with you when I do.  The fact that I could help out on this one is double cool.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Is t that just an awesome phaser? I really enjoyed the build.  That looks fantastic man, nicely done.

You should give the dandy horse a go, that's another challenging build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

cooder

Excellent, tidy and gutsy graphics!
BigNoise Amplification

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: cooder on June 08, 2021, 06:18:13 PM
Excellent, tidy and gutsy graphics!
Thanks cooder, it did turn out good in the end.

Quote from: jimilee on June 08, 2021, 05:51:35 PM
Is t that just an awesome phaser? I really enjoyed the build.  That looks fantastic man, nicely done.

You should give the dandy horse a go, that's another challenging build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Jimi it's an awesome phaser. And I did the dandy horse, that was the infamous pullout game thread lol

Quote from: gordo on June 08, 2021, 05:14:24 PM
Such a sweet build and kudo's on the Tayda venture.  I haven't crossed that bridge yet so will check with you when I do.  The fact that I could help out on this one is double cool.
Thanks again Gordo, even got some nos fairy dust in it now. And if you have any questions  about the tayda uv print process I'd be happy to help.

Quote from: harryklippton on June 08, 2021, 03:02:10 PM
Hell yeah that looks great
You know that the idea for the graphics was your brainchild!
Who the hell is Bucky?

Bio77

Looks killer! Those cupcake knobs go perfect, the right touch of vintage.

Bret608

Yeah, that is awesome! I need to stop being lazy and read up on how the Tayda UV printing works.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: Bio77 on June 08, 2021, 09:17:47 PM
Looks killer! Those cupcake knobs go perfect, the right touch of vintage.
Thanks John, I thought the knobs really tied the build together haha

Quote from: Bret608 on June 09, 2021, 05:48:20 AM
Yeah, that is awesome! I need to stop being lazy and read up on how the Tayda UV printing works.
I really only want to use them for certain things as I feel that although its a great service, it does get pricey and turnaround is slow and can really stall a build. I had been using paint.net (yeah I know lol) because of ease of use for my graphics and had to learn a new program to vectorize everything. So i learned to use illustrator and affinity to do their prints. I like it on large boxes and color or white on black enclosures but I really prefer my no film decals for the black on color enclosures.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Looks great! You have been motivating me to get my butt in gear on my lectricfx builds.

Thewintersoldier

Quote from: jjjimi84 on June 09, 2021, 06:27:40 AM
Looks great! You have been motivating me to get my butt in gear on my lectricfx builds.
You gotta build em dude, I'm waiting for them to drop some of the stuff they teased at the end of last year!
Who the hell is Bucky?

oeslicoalfin

I like it on large boxes and color or white on black enclosures but I really prefer my no film decals for the black on color enclosures.
[/quote]

Is it possible to do the no film thing on your stomp switches so that you don't have to go through a whole new Tayda UV order or start fresh with a powder coat box and your usual decal? It looks awesome (as usual), but I don't know enough about the no film process to know if it would screw this up trying to get it where you want it. Plus, the UV printing has that raised ink effect that you can't mimic at home. I'd hate to see the box end up in the bin in favor of another that just has a few additional words. I get the OCD thing, though...

Thewintersoldier

If I do a new box then I would either build another pedal and either sell/gift it or ask if anyone else wants it to build one
Who the hell is Bucky?

destro

Quote from: Betty Wont on June 08, 2021, 01:38:06 PM
Love this one. Such a meaty phaser. I built a couple of these and replaced the internal overdrive with DAM Meatheads for more intense fuzz/phase.

Yeah, gotta agree the drive is a bit lackluster. Been thinking about putting a one knob fuzz in there instead.

Looks good winter, saw the issue in the uv thread. Bummer man. Not sure if they make a clear coat sharpie or somehting similar in a thin paint pen format to where you could go back around the border.