News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Flugelhorn Fuzz Demo Song

Started by jjjimi84, February 19, 2020, 01:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I think I am starting to get the hang of this recording thing. I actually used a couple plugins and some mastering software, so it doesn't sound completely half assed.

The chords are c#m-A-E-A then c#m-A-E-E, super easy and just a fun little thing to noodle over. For the recording almost every guitar was my 20 year old strat into the fuzz into the front end of a Mesa Fillmore 50 on the clean channel mic'd with a shure sm57 off axis into a Neve style pre with a little bit of compression to keep from blowing out the interface.

The verse tracks feature also a tremolo pedal and the dirt baby for some slight slapback, and the chorus right rhythm has my sg with 90s to fill in the sound. The only time I adjust the pedal was for the solo where I turned the gain up from 10 o'clock to maybe 2 o'clock and when I used it on the bass track I turned it up and adjusted the eq.

The plugins I used were a little plate reverb on the left rhythm verse part and on the solo I put on a valhalla vintage verb and a memory man style delay.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/dan-keclik/patricks-song-flugelhorn-fuzz-rock-rms-master[/soundcloud]

A little back story, my son is providing some vocal parts. Last year my brother Patrick handed my son a microphone and encouraged him to say potty words and filmed it to send to me. I thought it was time to return the favor, my kid had a blast and will be a constant addition to all further recordings.

TO THE POO POO LAND!

cooder

Excellent, thanks so much for sharing this! You got that nailed right in the bullseye!
Gives me a bit more of a push to get into recording which I have never done much of myself, really inspiring.
And yes, I need to box up my Fluegelhorn too... Nice! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

jjjimi84

Here is the video I made for it, so long ago.

Tinker

Thanks for sharing. This one sounds impressive.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Tinker on November 11, 2021, 03:50:18 PM
Thanks for sharing. This one sounds impressive.

It is quite a cool muff! Thanks for watching

Tinker

Thanks for sharing. This one sounds impressive. I've tried to recreate a similar song but spoiled the rhythm. Dunno why, but such parts are super hard for me, as I can't reach the right tonality. Nevertheless, I'm playing guitar for less than a year, so it's not a big deal. How can I download this song? You uploaded it to SoundCloud, which is unfamiliar for me. Usually, all songs from Youtube I download using https://loader.to. Your second share (that long video), I already downloaded. Those guitar parts are much easier to recreate.

jjjimi84

Quote from: Tinker on November 13, 2021, 09:04:30 AM
Thanks for sharing. This one sounds impressive. I've tried to recreate a similar song but spoiled the rhythm. Dunno why, but such parts are super hard for me, as I can't reach the right tonality. Nevertheless, I'm playing guitar for less than a year, so it's not a big deal. How can I download this song? You uploaded it to SoundCloud, which is unfamiliar for me. Usually, all songs from Youtube I download using https://loader.to. Your second share (that long video), I already downloaded. Those guitar parts are much easier to recreate.

I can mix the song withoutguitar parts and send it to you, is that what you are looking for?

gordo

Nice to hear you branching out into multitrack stuff.  It's a very deep rabbit hole and hugely addictive.  I really need to get back on the rails and start doing more of this.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

illadnami

Recording your music is commendable. I think such compositions are very original. They contain the soul of the author, his current state of mind, his mood. I often listen to such music because it is different from all other music. I'm tired of listening to pop singers who repeat one after another and don't put anything special in the writing of the lyrics or the melody. Of course, I listen to traditional songs, too. I think that recording your tracks is the initial key to success and building a music career.  If I want to find some song and download it, I use the site https://bts-songs.mymp3.red/, because there you can download tracks for free and in good quality.

eglanchamp

What types of audio formats do you know?