News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

[Solved] Mudbunny - no signal when tone bypass is engaged

Started by misterpants, June 09, 2021, 09:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misterpants

Hi folks--

I'm building a Mudbunny board with the Creamy Dreamer BOM. When the tone control is engaged, it works beautifully and sounds great. When I use the tone bypass, however, I lose all my signal.

I've tried changing the settings on the dip switches, but I get the same result. I verified the switch with a continuity tester, and everything looks good.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what steps did you take to resolve the problem?

benny_profane

The relevant components for the tone bypass are the toggle switch, DIP switch, C11, C12, R20, and R21.

I would suggest reflowing the relevant pads for the passive components (the resistor pads in particular) and clean the area carefully (avoiding getting flux residue into the pots/switches). Did you confirm that the DIP switch is working properly? Also, an audio probe will be able to tell you exactly where the signal is dropping out.

misterpants

The issue was an incorrect resistor value at R20 and R21, causing the signal to go to ground. Everything works as expected now. Many thanks for your help.