News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

#VFEFRIDAY on a Thursday! My Merman!

Started by jjjimi84, June 10, 2021, 08:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjjimi84

I have to work all day tomorrow and won't be able to post on Friday like I normally would so I want to get this out into the ether! This is my Merman and one that will never leave my hands. I love the way this one turned out from the build to the painting to the demo and video it really is pretty awesome. This blue was airbrushed on and this was what the choral reef was supposed to look like, once I got that thing sorted out I sprayed this on and painted this guy on there. This painting took some time but turned out great and was worth the effort.

Also I think I finally made a video that I really love, it has a great intro song on it and I try to stay on point the whole time. This is going to be how the next batch of videos are, a quick song with the full band and then a bit of talking and then straight to different sounds. Hope you all dig it, the merman!

[youtube width=640]6l1Tz4yRV08[/youtube]

Thewintersoldier

Great build and video Dan, the intro Jam alone was worth the watch. Your videos are getting better each week.
Who the hell is Bucky?

jjjimi84

Quote from: Thewintersoldier on June 10, 2021, 11:00:55 AM
Great build and video Dan, the intro Jam alone was worth the watch. Your videos are getting better each week.

Thanks Chris, I love that intro song! The videos hopefully will keep getting better, the next couple are shaping up nicely.

harryklippton

Couple cool guitars in this video too. That vox coaxe guitar is really friggin cool. Is the semi hollow an ibanez? I had one of those for a while and it was really nice

jjjimi84

Quote from: harryklippton on June 10, 2021, 04:02:19 PM
Couple cool guitars in this video too. That vox coaxe guitar is really friggin cool. Is the semi hollow an ibanez? I had one of those for a while and it was really nice

Thank you, it is an Ibanez Artcore. I bought it probably 15 years ago from a luthier that made the pickguard for it and gave it the most amazing set up. It still plays like a dream, sounds pretty good too.

KMRO

That is a lot of chunk in that opening track. Sounds ill.  I also think the art is top notch . . . great video.  Inspiring me to head to the soldering station.

jjjimi84

Quote from: KMRO on June 12, 2021, 09:00:10 AM
That is a lot of chunk in that opening track. Sounds ill.  I also think the art is top notch . . . great video.  Inspiring me to head to the soldering station.

Thank you! I love hearing that my videos push people to build pedals, I am the pusherman!

Dreams do come true