News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

If all my IC voltages are correct...

Started by okeephoss, June 20, 2021, 12:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okeephoss

But pedal is not working, can I assume it's something to do with wiring and or bypass switch.. no signal when bypassed, but signal comes through when engaged.  With a VERY slight effect signal. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aentons

It just means that you now need to go to the audio probe

jimilee

Check for grounds in the audio path with an audio probe.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

matmosphere

okeephoss

I did use ceramic 1uf's instead of film.  This has never been an issue before. Never used those style trims either. 

Stomptown

gordo

Looks like the pins on the rotary switch could use a reflow and judging by the photo the two inside pins haven't been soldered at all.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

matmosphere

Check and make sure that stereo jack is wired correctly. The output should connect to the larger of the two (the tip) I'm not sure but it looks like it might be connected to the sleeve.

gordo

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: matmosphere on June 21, 2021, 06:25:58 AM
I'm not sure but it looks like it might be connected to the sleeve.

More likely connected to the Ring. Shorting to Sleeve when the mono jack is installed  ;D

jimilee

Lug seven of your stomp is the out to your board and 8 should go to the output jack.

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

okeephoss

Quote from: jimilee on June 21, 2021, 10:20:02 AM
Lug seven of your stomp is the out to your board and 8 should go to the output jack.

Woah.. right?  Not according to Bean's diagram...

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: jimilee on June 21, 2021, 10:20:02 AM

Agreed. Need to swap your PCB Out wire and the Output Jack (Stereo jack?) wires on the stomp switch. That will fix the "No bypass signal" issue.

EDIT: Brian's build doc wiring diagram is incorrect.

okeephoss

Thanks all for your time and input. 
I'm an idiot and didn't wire the tap tempo pads to bypass the tap... Working now [emoji846]