News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Add LED to mudbunny tone dpdt?

Started by thesameage, June 15, 2021, 01:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesameage

Does anyone know if there is a way to add an led to the dpdt tone wicker switch? I'm going to put mine on a footswitch and wanted to add an led so you'd know it's engaged from a distance.

Thanks I'm advance!

Zerro

Here is schema of Mudbunny. What dpdt tone wicker do you mean? Bypass switch? One LED is allready here.
"Nudíte se? Kupte si našeho cvičeného ježka! Pobaví vás svými veselýmí kousky!"

thesameage

There's a new 2020 mudbunny with a tone bypass. It's a part of the PCB:

I think this may be the way to do it... from Beavis audio:

http://beavisaudio.com/techpages/Switches/img/LedSwitch.gif

from this page:
http://beavisaudio.com/techpages/Switches/

Does that look right?

Zerro

Ok. So you want to add LED to this tone switch TB_A -TB_B? And what it has to signalize? What of those two positions? 'Coz both of them engage some tone bending. In any case, you will need still one packet in this switch - for led/leds branch.

thesameage

The two position DIP switch is internal... you pick what tone you want there but the dpdt turns it all on or off. I just want the LED to indicate if it's on or off, not what part of the DIP switch is engaged.

Zerro

So do you mean this? I don't know, if I fully understand what switch do you mean. It's another packet of TB assigned switch. Is this TB switch you mean as "tonewicker"?

matmosphere

Use a 3dpt and have the spare column control the led. I think you want to hook the off side of the switch to the ground and the short leg of the led, then the middle to the 9v and the last lug to a 4.7k resistor then the long leg of the led.

Pretty sure that would work.

matmosphere

After thinking about it more the easiest solution is probably connecting ground to the center lug and the short endo of the led to the side you want to be on, then doing the long lead to a clr then the 9v on the power jack. And leave the last lug empty.

Zerro

Right. As is shown upstairs. (my log 105)

Govmnt_Lacky

A bit more complex but, maybe add a 3PDT to control the Tone switching AND.. use the extra lugs to control a Dual-color LED (Red/Green, etc.) so you can have it light in either position? One color for the Tone pot and the other color for the DIP switches.  ;)

EDIT: DUHHHH.... kinda like the scheme that Zerro posted above. I really need more coffee  ::)

thesameage

thesameage

Gonna just bump this. I have the pedal together. I ended up using a dpdt stomp switch for the tone. I can't figure out how to make the LED ground when the switch is engaged or not engaged.

3dpt switch might have been better, but just didn't end up using it. The dpdt switch doesn't ground, right? I'd have to find a component that grounds off of the switch, right?

jimilee

Quote from: thesameage on July 09, 2021, 08:16:31 AM
Gonna just bump this. I have the pedal together. I ended up using a dpdt stomp switch for the tone. I can't figure out how to make the LED ground when the switch is engaged or not engaged.

3dpt switch might have been better, but just didn't end up using it. The dpdt switch doesn't ground, right? I'd have to find a component that grounds off of the switch, right?
Use any ground point for, say lug 4, and an LED with a clr to power on lug 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

thesameage

Are you saying to add a ground to Lug 4 of the dpdt switch?

jimilee

Quote from: thesameage on July 09, 2021, 09:34:13 AM
Are you saying to add a ground to Lug 4 of the dpdt switch?
What does your dpdt look like right now, let's make sure.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.