News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Pedal Board + Two Pedal Builds (rambly with too many pics)

Started by storyboardist, July 01, 2021, 09:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowanderror

Quote from: storyboardist on July 01, 2021, 09:29:02 AM
Wanted a preamp at the end of my chain that could both go the the amp and PA, so I whipped up this pre/DI box based on the Roland JC-120 clean channel and combine it with an active DI.

Hi storyboardist, I'm putting together a parts buy and wanted to possibly include the Paladin (if I can find the parts). For the 2SK209/2SK117, which Idss bin does the build require? I don't see it in the build doc, but maybe I missed it.

2SK209 IDSS classification:

• Y: 1.2-3.0 mA
  • GR: 2.6-6.5 mA
  • BL: 6.0-14 mA
Thanks!

storyboardist

Quote from: bowanderror on October 09, 2021, 03:54:35 PMFor the 2SK209/2SK117, which Idss bin does the build require? I don't see it in the build doc, but maybe I missed it.

2SK209 IDSS classification:

• Y: 1.2-3.0 mA
  • GR: 2.6-6.5 mA
  • BL: 6.0-14 mA
Thanks!

I used the GRs in my prototype. These specifically:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/757-2SK209GRTE85LF
Guy behind Effects Layouts

storyboardist

Board's had bit of an update. Here's how it's looking as of this morning.

Swapped out DRV clone for a no-charge pump Klone, which I enjoyed far more than I thought I would. Bumped the Paladin preamp off cuz it was just so dang loud (sound guy hated me for a bit) I was just using it as a DI, and I could add a trem to the board by doing so. Right now it's the EQD Night Wire, but I'll probably swap it for my Native Audio Heat Wave. I'm also working on a tap tempo PT2399 delay that might end up there as well.

jimilee

I love the looks of that guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

vizcities

Hi Storyboardist! I'm finishing up this build, but want to skip the stomp in lieu of a simple on/off rocker for the +9v. (I plan on using this as a studio tool.) Do I need to account for/jumper any of the stomp pads at the bottom of the PCB? They're numbered, so I'm not 100% sure what each pad does.

storyboardist

Quote from: vizcities on January 26, 2022, 10:28:09 PM
Hi Storyboardist! I'm finishing up this build, but want to skip the stomp in lieu of a simple on/off rocker for the +9v. (I plan on using this as a studio tool.) Do I need to account for/jumper any of the stomp pads at the bottom of the PCB? They're numbered, so I'm not 100% sure what each pad does.

Just connect your input jack to footswitch pad 1 and output to pad 7. If you want the LED on at all times (all times there's power anyway) connect pad 4 to 5.

Ricotjuh

I have a question about the JC120 preamp circuit like the Paladin. The author has included a Direct Out circuit in this. However, for my use it is not necessary and I will not use it. Can I then omit the part as I indicated below and connect the preamp-out jack directly to R19/R20? That's how it happens in the "original" I think too.