Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Lovetone project PCBs

Started by LaceSensor, July 02, 2021, 03:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Dear all

I'm really stoked that today 4 new Lovetone projects were launched over at Aion

https://aionfx.com/news/four-new-lovetone-projects-doppelganger-meatball-big-cheese-and-brown-source/

I've helped verify both schematics and prototype builds
I hope that if these do well then the Ringstinger or Flanger might be on the cards
Kevin is a top guy and really cares about authenticity

No affiliation, I don't get paid to promote or any cut from sales
Just a love of Lovetone and sharing the joy of these amazing analog creations into the hands of people that either never heard them or wouldn't pay klon money for them.

The PCBs are lovely, build docs ideal and I would vouch for the sound quality. Some small adaptations made all very sensible (eg film vs electro caps, rationalising some switching options, even adding a feature or two for the meatball).

Will be great to have addtional reliable source for these circuits for years to come

Ian (apparently I'm the DIY Lovetone expert?! SOTSOG; shout outs due also to alanP, RG keen, GOvlacky, Dino and Phil at deadendfx, and more)

cooder

Awesome, I just had the email notification about them, look all spectacular and super documentation there again. A lot f work and knowledge went into all that, great stuff!
BigNoise Amplification

Bio77

I just checked them out, they look awesome! 

I think as the DIY Lovetone expert, you should consider designing a Lovetone inspired delay 8)

gordo

Just saw the email.  I always love having new Kevin projects and will jump on a few of these just because I like the builds.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

I too love Kevin's projects, always creative and top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

peAk

Just got the email as well

Might have to jump on some

Invertiguy

Nice! I've been thinking of ordering the Dead End FX boards for these for some time to keep my ? Flange clone company, but seeing as how these fit in a 1590XX which can be gotten predrilled, powdercoated and UV printed from Tayda they just may be the ticket!
Doomsday Devices

LaceSensor

Quote from: Invertiguy on July 02, 2021, 09:08:40 PM
Nice! I've been thinking of ordering the Dead End FX boards for these for some time to keep my ? Flange clone company, but seeing as how these fit in a 1590XX which can be gotten predrilled, powdercoated and UV printed from Tayda they just may be the ticket!

Please share your files for the enclosures if you do indeed go down that route please? thanks!

benny_profane

Great work on these! They look incredible. I picked up the brown source and the doppelganger.

+1 on the drill template request. The bigger projects need to be precise!

Caedarn

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 02, 2021, 03:01:47 PM
Dear all

https://aionfx.com/news/four-new-lovetone-projects-doppelganger-meatball-big-cheese-and-brown-source/

I hope that if these do well then the Ringstinger or Flanger might be on the cards

Good stuff! I just ordered the Meatball and Big Cheese.  I had previously bought a PCB for a Big Cheese-type pedal from another outfit, but Kevin's/your schematic look different, and its good to hear that you've A/B'ed these to originals. So the other PCB will probably end up in a PIF here at some point  :)

jimilee

Must....resist....phaser.....

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

benny_profane

Quote from: jimilee on July 03, 2021, 11:56:08 AM

Resistance is futile.

LaceSensor

Quote from: JoeR3155 on July 03, 2021, 09:01:33 AM
Quote from: LaceSensor on July 02, 2021, 03:01:47 PM
Dear all

Good stuff! I just ordered the Meatball and Big Cheese.  I had previously bought a PCB for a Big Cheese-type pedal from another outfit, but Kevin's/your schematic look different, and its good to hear that you've A/B'ed these to originals. So the other PCB will probably end up in a PIF here at some point  :)

the schematic for the Big Cheese is finally correct, and you are accurate in your assumption that its different to other ones in the DIY community.
Im happy to have played a part in that.

LaceSensor

Have you ever build a doppelganger? You owe it to yourself to do so if you havent.
Kevins version is also quite sensible in ditching the third footswitch and his reasoning is sound. Makes for a very useable device.
Its my favourite of the Lovetone originals.

jimilee

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 03, 2021, 02:30:34 PM

Have you ever build a doppelganger? You owe it to yourself to do so if you havent.
Kevins version is also quite sensible in ditching the third footswitch and his reasoning is sound. Makes for a very useable device.
Its my favourite of the Lovetone originals.
I built your board, still have it. Is Kevin's much different?