News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

LED question - Horizon

Started by TNblueshawk, July 12, 2021, 06:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TNblueshawk

I guess if you build enough pedals you run into firsts. So I built up the Horizon, amazing pedal love it, and used it for a few months. Then one day the LED doesn't come on. The pedal still works. I think no biggie, bum LED so I swap it out. Nothing. So I figure let me pull it off board and wire directly to jack. No go but here is my question.

Can I ground the LED to any ground point? I thought I could. Typically I don't use 4PDT boards and wire the LED's with the ground attached to the 3PDT. But since this build uses the 3PDT board I can't do that. So, I just wired it to my main ground point at the input jack with the 9v anode directly to the DC jack like normal.

Anyone have any troubleshooting thoughts? Did any of this make sense?  :)
John

jimilee

Is there clr in there somewhere?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

TNblueshawk

John

TNblueshawk

Got distracted for a bit.

Does anyone have a guess as to what the ground lug is on this switch pad? I've tried to figure it out but can't be sure. This LED thing has me stumped.
John

jimilee

The two on the right? No idea. Is this the board of which you speak?

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bio77

My guess is your foot switch failed.  Try jumping the pins on the 3PDT dedicated to the LED and see if the LED works then.   

I've over heated a few 3PDTs before and lost the function of only one column on the switch.

TNblueshawk

Quote from: Bio77 on August 14, 2021, 12:37:37 PM
My guess is your foot switch failed.  Try jumping the pins on the 3PDT dedicated to the LED and see if the LED works then.   

I've over heated a few 3PDTs before and lost the function of only one column on the switch.

I was thinking this as well. I may just order a new switch pad .

Jimi it's the footswitch pad that something is wrong at least I think so.
John

jimilee

Quote from: Bio77 on August 14, 2021, 12:37:37 PM

I've done that too. Sometimes I forget to solder pin 2, that's frustrating.