News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Laureate correction

Started by madbean, July 16, 2021, 07:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madbean

The wiring diagram showed the In and GND wires reversed on the input jack. This has been corrected in the doc and re-uploaded.

gordo

Ha!!!  Still didn't stop me from getting it to work :-)  I don't follow mistakes, I'm well versed at creating my own.

This is a very tasty little pedal and the components have a very nice top-shelf feel to them.  It comes with the cables/connectors for the switch and i/o, the PIC and relay, and if you got the faceplate it comes in it's own classy little black envelope.

With virtually no effort and the drill guide this is a raw 125B box (I like the look of the black faceplate on raw).  I used a reamer to "touch up" any holes that didn't quite line up (LED)

Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Nice Gordo. I too can effortlessly create my own mistakes. I don't pay that much attention to wiring diagrams, which I guess contributes.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gordo

I'm looking at the pics of my enclosure and it suddenly occurred to me.  Silver Sparkle.  THAT would look wicked.  The knobs I put on this thing (I'll do a build report so as not to hijack this thread more than I already have) are dark aluminum and it looks as classy as the guts.
Gordy Power

wizestwizard

Anyone (@madbean) have suggestions as to where to buy the 2 pin connectors used on this build? I bought it and it sounds awesome, I would like to start using them on other builds as well where possible since it's just much neater and makes removing the board much easier if necessary. Thanks!

madbean

Quote from: wizestwizard on September 16, 2021, 05:45:52 AM
Anyone (@madbean) have suggestions as to where to buy the 2 pin connectors used on this build? I bought it and it sounds awesome, I would like to start using them on other builds as well where possible since it's just much neater and makes removing the board much easier if necessary. Thanks!

You can find them here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32954418743.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.457e4c4dbnOzoT

gordo

I believe I got mine from Tayda.  Bag of 100 of connectors and a bag of 100 harness' was cheap.
Gordy Power