News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ego Driver 2nd Channel

Started by Ice-o, December 12, 2011, 08:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice-o

I'm building an Ego Driver,  but I want to have two switchable drive options. My plan at the moment is to just wire two drive pots to a second footswitch so I can switch between them at will. Will I get one of those annoying pops when i hit the switch? And, if so, is there a way around it?

madbean

Put the two pots in series. To prevent pops, set it up like the Deadringer. Have a look at the schem in the Deadringer project file. You want to add R7 and C5 from there. You can put the resistor and cap directly on the switch, too.

Ice-o

helos

Quote from: madbean on December 18, 2011, 04:40:38 PM
Put the two pots in series. To prevent pops, set it up like the Deadringer. Have a look at the schem in the Deadringer project file. You want to add R7 and C5 from there. You can put the resistor and cap directly on the switch, too.

Hi! Sorry for replying to this old topic... I was just wondering about those R7 and C5 components... Are there just to prevent pop noises when the boost is activated? can R7 be omitted? If so, when the boost is ON and set all CCW, it is exactly the sound of the basic Fulldrive...