News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New shop space almost done!

Started by Drew Hallenbeck, July 21, 2021, 06:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Hallenbeck

So we moved into our new house about a month ago. I've just about got the basics all set up and ready to go.
The workbench is a combination of rack shelving components from Menards. I was going to buy a sheet of plywood to cut for the work surface/benchtop. I walked over to the lumber area to find that a sheet of 3/4" birch ply was $98.00 (instead of the $35.00 or so that I remembered from a couple years ago) So I found a pre-finished section of laminate countertop for just $60 instead. It fit perfectly and I just built up the area in back for the parts bins to sit on.
Also found this old card catalog cabinet at a local antique store. Should be a great way to store and organize my PCBs.
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

Drew Hallenbeck

The basement isn't finished yet but lumber prices are starting to come back down. Maybe I'll be able to build some actual walls and have a more dedicated/finished shop space soon!
Building with my daughter and occasionally selling as "Daddy Daughter Pedal Works"
Not for any real profit, just trying to have a self-funding hobby.

jjjimi84

How crazy is it to see the price of a pine 2x4 at 9 dollars?!?!? I was all set to finish my basement last year and now I might start in 2022!

Space is looking great, look forward to seeing what comes out of there!

jimilee

Lookin good man, I'm jealous. I wish I had a separate place to build. But, that's the price to pay when apartment dwelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

* alanp is also very jealous!

Man, that looks sweet. Of course, you do realise you're gonna have to post another photo... in six months time, when the bench, the floor, and everything else has project all over it :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

m-Kresol

great stuff. I'm building in my living room. Surely not as spacious or organized.

Quote from: alanp on July 21, 2021, 07:35:35 AM
Man, that looks sweet. Of course, you do realise you're gonna have to post another photo... in six months time, when the bench, the floor, and everything else has project all over it :)
don't forget the resistor legs all over the floor ;)
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

cooder

Great space, well done! Certainly needs update photos as the creative juices flow...!
BigNoise Amplification