News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Green bean lows mod

Started by Thewintersoldier, August 19, 2021, 07:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thewintersoldier

I want to change the value of the larger cap on the lows pot. I want to use the setup storybordist used on his break-action. He used a 50k pot and a 1uf cap instead of 150n. My question is, if I bump up to 1uf should I change the 20k pot to 50k as well?
Who the hell is Bucky?

benny_profane

At its extreme, you'd have 1uF and 47nF in parallel with a 4k7 resistor to ground. The stock filter has a corner frequency of 720Hz; the low pot with the (1uF cap) sweeps to 32.4Hz. I don't think (for the purposes of the filter) you'd need to change it to 50k. I'm a bit more interested in the impact that has on the gain calculation. That's changing the impedance from the inverting pin to ground (i.e., the denominator in the non-inverting op amp gain calculation). I'll try to run a sim tomorrow to see.

Thewintersoldier

I built a pedalpcb EQD dunes clone. It has 2 values at that spot on a spdt. 220n and 10uf. Way to extreme at 10uf. I socketed and found the biggest while still being useable was 1uf. Hence why I want to change to green bean values. I thought I would be more useful to have it variable rather than just 2 settings. I only play single coils so the added girth is still very musical and not too muddy.
Who the hell is Bucky?