News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD (sort of) -- 2012 MIM tele

Started by EBK, August 23, 2021, 06:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EBK

I have been appointed (by my brother) as custodian for this lefty 2012 MIM Telecaster.

My brother found it while curb shopping (or trash picking, if you prefer that term--someone threw it out and my brother grabbed it).  It is missing a knob on the pickup switch, the jack wiring is broken, and there is a noticeable dead spot on one of the pots, but it is well within my abilities to fix it up. 

I have been instructed to keep it until a worthy left-handed player needs a guitar.  I am required to give it away for free when that time comes (my brother cited karma as the reason).  So, I get to have some fun fixing it up and hanging it on my wall for now.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

matmosphere

Quote from: EBK on August 23, 2021, 06:52:53 PM
I have been appointed (by my brother) as custodian for this lefty 2012 MIM Telecaster.

My brother found it while curb shopping (or trash picking, if you prefer that term--someone threw it out and my brother grabbed it).  It is missing a knob on the pickup switch, the jack wiring is broken, and there is a noticeable dead spot on one of the pots, but it is well within my abilities to fix it up. 

I have been instructed to keep it until a worthy left-handed player needs a guitar.  I am required to give it away for free when that time comes (my brother cited karma as the reason).  So, I get to have some fun fixing it up and hanging it on my wall for now.

Wow, that's a great find! It's a good guitar.  Very cool story. Share the tale of the lucky southpaw who ends up with it.

jimilee

Wow, just wow! Nice find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Haberdasher

Gah, who would throw that out?  Amazing.
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

pickdropper

That's very cool.

A friend and I gave away a guitar to a college kid of a co-worker that played acoustic but couldn't afford an electric.  It was a lot of fun and felt good, too.  I bet you'll enjoy the process of fixing it up and giving it away to the right person.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Aentons

Until the time comes, I'd string it upside down and play it if I were you :)

matmosphere

Quote from: Aentons on August 24, 2021, 01:06:44 AM
Until the time comes, I'd string it upside down and play it if I were you :)

No way, just learn some Dick Dale songs!