News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boom Boom and Kompromat

Started by zombie_rock123, October 12, 2021, 03:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie_rock123

Really hope this formats the pictures smaller than the preview cause I got no clue how to redo them on Imgur.
Edit after pressing preview: sorry for the massive pictures. Can you specify size in the (IMG) tags like with HTML?
Edit edit: thanks EBK!

Anyway, two recent builds following moving house. I should have really been doing different things so, pedals got made. The Brassmaster is probably one of my favourite fuzzes, glorious sound. Anyone on the fence, go buy one. Not on the fence? Buy another. Artwork was a Google-find and currently using the last of my waterslide stuff up. Some idiot broke into my house and soldered 4x 100KB pots to it so had to redo them which is always a laugh having the finesse of Bigfoot with boxing gloves on.

Fantastic board as ever 'Bean!

Next up, the Kompromat. I've had a handful of CA3080s for a few years and I can never remember why I buy them so this was perfect timing being released. Recently gotten into single coils after a stupidly long time without them (if someone could just hop back in time 10 years and punch me in the nuts and yell "TELE" at me that would be great, thanks), and this thing sounds wonderful. Reused a crappy 3PDT which I'm glad about as I don't see myself knocking it off much. 

I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

EBK

Quote from: zombie_rock123 on October 12, 2021, 03:33:44 PM
Really hope this formats the pictures smaller than the preview cause I got no clue how to redo them on Imgur.
Edit after pressing preview: sorry for the massive pictures. Can you specify size in the (IMG) tags like with HTML?
Yes, you can specify size in an inage tag, for example, like this:
[img width=480]image_url.png[/img]

Imgur also has some cool resizing shortcuts.  Try modifying the URL by simply adding a lowercase m, l, or h (for medium, large, or huge) at the end of the filename just before the dot.  For example, imagename.jpg becomes imagenamel.jpg
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

EBK

Nice builds!  I really need a BoomBoom.  I have built two Brassmasters in the past, but I gave one as a gift and sold the other.  It has a fun voice.
"There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history." --Roger the Shrubber

zombie_rock123

Thanks for that! When I went back to add the width and height as you'd said, they were there waiting :D
I sometimes label builds rockwright
https://www.instagram.com/rockwrightfx/

Bio77

Those look fantastic!  The enclosures look like etches.  8)

matmosphere

Brilliant! The comp's artwork in particular is just awesome.

And yeah, Tele... it's pretty much all you need. Just make sure it's shielded.